chapter four

Mandy

"come in" I welcomed Larry my boyfriend. It's been a while he visited, or we even saw each other, we were on the same line of business but, he wasn't using his for college.

"How are you Mandy" Larry said offering himself a sit on my bed. My house was so small, it was a bedsitter that housed my bed and wardrobe, and my reading table and chair, and few other stuff.

"It's been a while" I opened the window and sat on the chair. "So how has life been"

"We grateful for air, so you are applying for college this year?" He asked picking up the book on my bed and opening it, just flipping through.

"Yeah, I have saved a little that can take care of my fees" I exhaled

"That's alright, you are just getting up?"

"Yes, I had a stressful day yesterday, I was so exhausted, but I feel much better"

"Me too, some clients are just full of stress" he closed the book "do you have any food, I'm so hungry"

"I told you I'm just getting up" I relented

"Okay I have something for you" he said smiling

Larry have something for me? Weird, the Larry I know doesn't give gifts, our relationship is more on money base, he has 0.2 percent of love for me, we just dating, and recently I made him pay money to sleep with me. So whatever this surprise was it took him time to get it for me, and I must see it.

"Okay show me" I requested

"I will show you, only if you get me something to eat"

"You are not serious, are you?" I frowned

"I'm dead serious" he gave a serious face.

I really wanted to see what he got me, so I had no choice than to go to the kitchen to make him, rather us, breakfast. I was quick because I was in dying need to see what he got me.

I walked back to the room with what I made, I met him lying down.

"Here" I dropped it on the table, readjusting my chair so that both of us can eat from the table.

"Thank you" he said and started eating.

"Now show me what you got me" I said hoping for a positive response.

"Let me finish eating, then I can show you" he said

"Look Larry, if you didn't get anything for me you would just told me instead. You would have said you were hungry and don't want to spend your money on food so I should give you something to eat" I said pissed

"Fine I'm hungry and I don't want to spend my money on food, but I also got something for you"

"Better!" I said and continued eating. No body said another word till breakfast was over, I cleared where we ate and from there, decided to brush my eat, so if there was any time I was going to kiss him probably if I like what he got me. I was done so I walked back to bedroom, and sat down on chair, he knows why I was here.

He just kept quiet, as if he didn't know I wanted to see what he got me. From what I could remember he didn't come here with any bag or something not even a paper, so where was the gift. God save this boy he wasn't decieving me, I will so deal with him that he would forget his phone, because my brain has done a lot of things, like guessing what gift he got me.

"Why are you staring" the asked after minutes of silence and me looking at him from on his face.

"You said you were going to show me what you got......"

"Oh that" he cut me short "why didn't you remind me, you just kept looking at me" he said and brought out something from his pocket "here" he hand me .

"What is this" I take the paper from him "a ticket?"

"Yeah a ticket"

"Larry for crying out loud, what is this, this thing cost nothing more than $6 dollars and.... I can't believe this, I knew you can't offer anything"

"I got you a 10 Dollar ticket, and you are not even happy, look I knew you could sing, and decided to get you this so you can see top celebrity who are musicians, and you improve your dirty skills"

"You are crazy, how dare you call my singing ability dirty, you idiot, I don't need this, I would purchase it if I need it" he fired him, very angry

"I'm sorry I insulted your talent, but you just need to be there, and improve your singing skills, you are good, you need to be better" he said calmly

"I don't need to improve, I like the way I am, please go"

"You need it, just take it"

"I'm not taking it and I'm not going anywhere, just leave" I commanded

"You want me to leave" Larry asked

"Yes leave"

"I will leave, but promise me you will come there, I want to be with you"

"Just go" I pushed him away and shut the door behind him "huuu, so annoying!" I walked to my bed, and picked up the ticket, I felt like tearing it,  but I just kept it, let it be, at Least it cost $10 dollars.

My phone rang, it was Sharon calling

"Hey babe" Sharon said

"What's up Sharon"

"How are you, hope you are doing well"

"Yeah, what about you" I answered

"I'm cool, I was thinking if you can come over?"

"Come over?"

"Yeah to my house"

"Any problem, are you okay" I asked wondering why Sharon wanted me to come over.

"I just came back from classes, and I'm bored, please come"

Now I see, I'm the one who has nothing to do, Sharon?!

"Okay" I said my voice saying I was not convinced with that reason

"Look Mandy, Reyne has been dying to meet you again, he wants to see you"

"I don't want to see him" I said, that boy make me want to fall in love, and break my no dating rules, I don't know why but I find him more than attractive.

"Why, did he do anything to you, tell me" she asked

"No he didn't, I will come" I finally said

"Awnn I love you so much, thank you, I'm waiting for you" she said and hung up the call.

All appointments are cancelled today, because once I get there, Sharon won't let me go.

I went to the shower, took my bath and brought out a blue halter neck gown. It was so beautiful. At least enough to drive Reyne crazy.

I applied a few makeup and took my purse, the ticket was still on the bed, I picked it up. I should just attend, I concluded and placed the ticket in my bag. Even if I wasn't going to improve my skills as Larry has said I should just go and enjoy myself. And see one of those celebrity for my self.

I looked round my broom, it wasn't beautiful but perfect for me.

Thank you for reading please vote and comment

QOD: what's your favourite food. I have them many