Ma, meet Bubbles

Patrick

After dealing with the barracuda situation, I texted Rowan and met him at the bakery. My folks and I arrived, and Ma made a beeline to the glass cases of baked goods.

Dad chuckled. "Some things never change with your mother."

"That's a good thing, isn't it?"

"Son, that's an excellent thing. Your mother is still the same person I fell in love with and stays true to herself. Most girls change after you start dating because they reveal their true nature. That's not reality."

I nodded. We stepped towards the counter and placed our order. After paying, we found an empty table. I sat, facing the door to make sure I spotted Rowan. A few minutes later, I saw Rowan enter the bakery and wave to her. She strolled over to the table with a smile plastered on her face. I stood and kissed her before sitting down with my folks.

"Ma and Dad, meet Bubbles," I said.

My parents' brows lifted, then a smile formed on their faces.

"So, you're the Bubbles who helped Pat," Ma said.

"It's what you do when you care about someone. Plus, Pat did nothing wrong except rebuff someone's advances." Rowan glanced at me. "I admire him."

"I like you a hell of a lot more than that troll that Pat dated."

"Tori!" Dad said.

Rowan and I glanced at each other and smiled.

Ma looked at Dad. "Elias, Camille was the boil on the butt of humanity, along with her stupid sisters."

"So, tell me how you feel."

"Fine. I will."

Oh, Lord. Here we go.

"I never liked those girls and despised the fact that you and your brothers got involved with them. They are worthless pieces of shits who deserve nothing," Ma said.

Rowan's brows raised. Dad drank his coffee while Ma ranted.

"Oh, I'm a skank who spreads their legs and nails anything that moves." Ma flipped her hair.

I snickered.

"Here, let me screw you over while you believe my bullshit that spews from my mouth. I hope those girls rot in jail. And don't get me started on that stupid bitch, Blair. I so want to beat her ass for what she did to Raphael."

Rowan arched her brow as I averted my eyes.

"Tori, those girls are where they belong. They can't hurt our boys anymore," Dad said.

Ma looked at Dad with furrowed brows. "Elias, Rafe ended on a vent because of them. Camille caused a wedge between the family. Sloane stalked Romeo."

Wait. What? That part caught Rowan and my attention.

"What do you mean that Sloane stalked Romeo?" I asked Ma.

"Your brother didn't tell you?" Ma asked me.

I shook my head.

Dad covered Ma's hand. "Romeo told us what happened between him and Sloane. We advised him to end the relationship. When he did, she started stalking him. That's why he told everyone that she was crazy, but your brothers thought he should apologize."

"That's not what Romeo told us. He told us that he slept with Sloane and regretted it because she planned their future," I said.

"Did your brother also tell you that Sloane tried to entrap him?"