What's in a name?

Patrick

Casper and Liam returned to the house and found us hanging out in the living room. Liam hopped into a chair.

Casper sat on the arm of the couch. "We come bearing good news."

"Okay," I said.

"We spoke to a family member who owns a share in the school. He said there's no rule against a teacher's assistant and a student dating," Liam said.

"What about an acting teacher?" Val asked.

"Pat didn't sign a contract, which means he's not under any obligation to follow their rules."

"And the reason they fired the professor and expelled the student was that both used sex for personal gain," Casper said.

I sat forward.

"The Dean does not have the authority to dismiss a professor or expel a student without owners present, which means our grandparents need to be visible." Liam gestured between himself and Casper.

Casper nodded his head.

"How many of your family members own this school?" Romeo asked them.

"Thirteen," Liam said.

"Our grandparents created a living trust that the shares in the school get passed down through generations when someone croaks," Casper said.

"That's disturbing how you view death," Romeo said.

"Why sugarcoat the truth? I'm sure the dead don't care."

"Okay, we established that Pat can date Rowan," Rafe said.

"With one slight issue," Liam said.

"Now what?"

"Pat can't parade Rowan around like arm candy, and sex is out."

"Woah, hold up." I stood. "First, I haven't had a date or kissed Rowan. Second, I'm not an exhibitionist."

"No, you're just a monk." Liam smirked.

"I don't need to broadcast my personal life." I shrugged.

"What personal life? You don't have one unless you consider hiding out in your bedroom as one," Rafe said.

I glared at Rafe. Val shook his head.

"We're not getting anywhere discussing Pat's lack of love life. We need to figure out how to place Pat and Rowan nearby strategically," Romeo said.

We looked at Val.

"What?" Val asked.

"Well, your name is Valentine," Romeo smirked.

"Didn't your parents name you after the patron saint of love?" Casper asked.

"No, I got my name because I was born on Valentine's Day," Val said.

"And Pat got his name because he was born on St. Patty's Day, which is the luck of the Irish," Rafe said.

"So? Romeo got his name because the nurses wouldn't leave him alone," Val told Rafe.

"Plan a romantic outing for Pat and Rowan, so they can kiss and run off into the sunset," Rafe said.

My brothers and cousins started arguing about getting Rowan and me together. I was losing hope because no one could figure out anything.

"Ooh, there's a 7-11 in the area," Leokadia said, interrupting us.

"Are you kidding me?" Val asked.