And so, it begins

Patrick

Val called Owen and informed Owen about Liam. Owen dropped a lot of F-bombs on his end. Even if I turned off my hearing aids, I could still hear Owen.

We left the house to find out what trouble Liam caused this time. We arrived to find Liam leaning against a building, checking out his fingernails while three guys lay sprawled on the ground.

A guy talked to the police while Rowan and the others stood nearby. We strolled over to Liam.

"What did you do?" Val asked Liam.

"Well, I minded my own business when three dicks decided to hassle me. They lost if you couldn't tell." Liam smirked.

"You're full of shit!" Sage told Liam.

"Hey, Red! Did I permit you to speak? No, so zip it!"

"That's it!" Sage stormed over to Liam and decked him.

Liam flew into the air and landed on his back.

"Damn, Sage is a brute," Casper said.

Sage flipped her auburn hair and strutted back to the girls. The police dispersed as a guy helped Liam up.

"Is this normal?" Romeo asked Casper.

"For my nana's side, it is. Our great-grandpa had the nickname double troubles."

"Why?"

"Because he and Uncle Liam enjoyed their pranks. My guess is Liam pulled a prank on the three putzes on the ground. They took exception and wanted to show Liam the error of his ways."

"What about Sage?"

"Well, Sage comes from Jones/Michaels stock. Her great-great grandpappy strung my great-grandpa on flag poles."

"You have a strange family."

"And like kidnapping is any better?"

"Is our last name Gray? No, it's Harper, dumbass," Rafe told Casper.

"Our parents derived from a crazy ass Gray child. So, yes," Casper told Rafe.

I shook my head and walked away as Rafe and Casper argued about genealogy. Val dragged Liam home before earning a permanent residence in the local police department. Romeo tried to talk to a few girls, but he was crashing and burning. Leokadia was talking to her friends.

Well, everyone is busy, so I might as well grab my schedule and books. I made my way to the office and collected my schedule, then headed to the book store. As I walked, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. I bumped into someone and glanced to find Rowan standing there. "Sorry."

"No harm, no foul." Rowan smiled.

"I was checking out my schedule."

"What classes do you have?"

"I have a few core classes. Since I took most of my basics at home, I won't need them while I'm here."

"Lucky you. I get to take freshman classes."

"I wouldn't worry. Those classes fly by, and before you know it, you'll be into your core classes."

"I hope so." Rowan smiled.

I couldn't help but smile.

"I better get going before the girls think I got kidnapped." Rowan rolled her eyes.

I snickered. Rowan and I parted ways. Monday, I started my teaching assistant with an English class. I'll work with a professor three days a week, which freed up my time for my core classes.