First date

Patrick

Since the new professor started, I didn't have to worry about teaching a class and not checking out Rowan. Plus, we have our first date this evening.

The class ended as everyone exited the classroom leaving the professor and me alone. I packed up my stuff.

"I must say, Patrick. You did an excellent job with organizing the files."

"I was making sure I could follow the lesson plans without too many issues."

"I'll need help with preparing the next assignment. Would you be available this evening?"

"I have plans."

"Perhaps another time." The professor eyed me like I was her next prey.

"If you email me with what you need, I'll have it ready for you."

"I prefer face to face when discussing class assignments." The professor grazed my arm with her fingertip.

"Yeah, email is fine." I grabbed my stuff and walked away from the barracuda.

Romeo would eat up this situation. I'm not Romeo.

I headed to class. After my classes, I hit the grocery store to buy items for dinner. I figure a home-cooked meal and a movie would work.

*******
Rowan

After talking to Patrick, relief flooded me. I thought he would abandon ship once I told him about Robbie. On-campus, I stuck close to the girls. If Robbie had approached me, I would have backed up.

After my last class, I came out of the classroom to find Valentine waiting for me. "Can I help you?"

"I'm making sure you get home safe."

I peeked past Val to see Robbie in the distance and smiled at Val. "Oh."

"Shall we?"

I nodded as Val escorted me past Robbie. My heart thundered in my chest as I gripped my books.

"Relax and act casual." Val remained calm and kept his stride even.

My body remained tense until we were out of Robbie's view. Then I relaxed while we walked.

"Thanks," I told Val.

Val glanced at me. "Would you mind telling me why you enlisted my baby brother to help you?"

I sighed. "Robbie won't approach me if I'm with people."

Val stopped me. "Wait. You're not talking about Robbie DeChamp, are you?"

"Why? Do you know him?"

"Yeah, I do."

I arched my brow.

"The guy is an asshole. He went after Pat in school, and I returned the favor."

"I didn't realize you knew Robbie."

"He was an upperclassman and thought it would be cute to target Pat because of his deafness. He found out quickly I and him had two distinct viewpoints of cuteness."

"What did you do?"

"Kicked his ass."

My brows lifted.

"His buddies tried to help him and forgot that we have a family. Between my brothers and cousins, they weren't feeling too hot."

"Well, Robbie seemed sweet at first." I shrugged.

"Robbie is an asswipe."

I couldn't help but giggle. "Yeah, my friends aren't happy with him."

"I don't blame them."