Chapter 27

"Princess (First Name), you should eat," Noelle says as she watches you stare absently at your meal. Noelle could tell you didn't sleep well, dark circles prominently showing under your eyes and you've grown noticeably thinner. You have been like this for days— four days to be exact and she can't stand seeing you like this anymore.

"I'm not hungry..." You mutter loud enough for her to hear. Seeing you not taking a single bite of your favorite food, she shakes her head in disapproval. Noelle would've forced the food into your mouth if she were allowed to.

"How's Childe doing?" You ask, head looking out the window, wondering if they released him from the torture chamber yet. Noelle doesn't say anything but leaves the room quietly. Wondering why there was no reply, you turn your head away from the window and notice Noelle was already gone.

"W-What? Noelle! Come back!" After a few seconds of waiting, she doesn't appear at all. You heave a sigh, the corners of your lips turning to a frown. You sink down on the bed, head laying on the soft pillow as your thoughts flow to Childe. A tear streaks down your cheek, falling onto the pillow. You miss him so bad.

As you almost drift off to sleep, a loud sound comes from behind. You glance at the window and see nothing. Shrugging, you assume that it was just a bird who accidentally bump itself. Thunk! There goes the sound again. You glance at the window again. This time, you see a silhouette of a certain ginger head. Your heart starts to race as you lift off the blankets, quickly running towards the window.

"Ah, there she is." Ajax grins, ocean blue eyes meeting yours.

"W-What in the name of Barbatos are you— get in!" In fear of him hanging outside, You hurriedly open the windows, letting Ajax in. Although Ajax enjoys the thrill of that, he follows your request and enters through the window. After closing the windows and pulling the curtains over it to avoid prying eyes, you tackle Ajax into a bear hug to which he receives by wrapping your legs around his waist.

You take in a deep breath, relaxing in his presence and touch. "I missed you. I missed you so so much."

"I've missed you too, Princess." He presses a soft kiss onto your cheek, his hand rubbing circles on your back.

A few minutes into the hug, Ajax lets you down and settles you on the bed. Now that you've got a proper view of Ajax, you gasp. "Y-Your hair!"

Ajax runs a hand into his chopped locks, slightly disheveling them. "Don't I look good?" The corner of his lips tug upwards, his lips curling into a smirk.

"You always have." You compliment. Before Ajax makes a banter, he glances at your features, his facial expression drops into a worried look, a frown etched on his face. "I've heard you've been naughty."

"Naughty?"

Ajax makes contact with the cold food at the table beside you. You follow his line of vision. "O-Oh. I... I'm sorry."

"Let me go get you fresh ones."

"N-No!" You hold onto the hem of sleeves and he stops. "W-What if you get caught by Father?"

As if on cue, the door opens wide enough for a pair of hands to leave a complete set of food for two. Once the tray was placed, the door closes, leaving you both to your privacy.

"If security was tight around here, I would've been caught already. But here I am with my beautiful lover." He cups your cheek, running his thumb back and forth.

"G-Geez!" You remove his touch from your cheek and walk towards the food, bringing it to the table. "I-I'm going to eat!"

Ajax doesn't say anything but watches you pick up your chopstick and start to eat. As you stuff the rice into your mouth, you give Ajax a confused look. "Why aren't you eating?"

"It's been quite a long time since ate together, haven't we?"

"Yes... I really miss Xiangling's food and the others too. Have they been well?"

"I'm sure Ganyu and Xiao are handling the camp just fine without me."

Ajax lifts the chopsticks that were placed beside his bowl, ready to eat his share but as he picks up a small portion of rice, it falls due to his weak grip. You don't say anything but scoot closer to him, sitting by the edge of the bed to get better access. "Here."

You station the food by his mouth. He mutters a 'thank you' before taking a bite. He chews it slowly and carefully swallows. You repeat the process until you and Ajax finish your meals.

"So..." You begin, making a small conversation, "How did you know I was here?"

Ajax stiffens momentarily at your question then returns to his original composure. "No matter how near or far you are, I will always find you."

You roll your eyes at him, leaning your head onto his shoulder. He returns the gesture by laying his head atop of yours, intertwining his hand with yours. "I'm serious. I'm your prince charming, aren't I?"

"Whatever floats your boat."

"Say... how did you end up here?"

"Oh! I almost forgot... I just had a crazy confession from my father. My mother who's been with me since I was little... isn't who I thought she was. My real mother... my birth mother... Her name's Tsaritsa."

Ajax's eyes widen at the mention of her name. Surprise, dread, he didn't know what to feel. He didn't fear you knowing the truth or what you'll think of him but the thought that you'll leave him scared him the most. "Eventually you'll find out", he told himself but it was happening way too soon for his liking. If you knew the truth as of this moment, would you think of him as a liar or maybe a traitor?