Chapter 24

Two days passed by in a blur and here you are, sitting in front of the mirror while two servants who were tasked to assist you, are doing the final touches to your hair. During those two days, you had a lot in mind, only repeating the same cycle— wake up, eat, then sleep. Today, you wouldn't have gotten out of bed if the servants hadn't knocked on your door. Assuming it was nothing important, you brush them off, only for them to tell you that it is your big day.

"All finished, Princess." The two servants retreat a step, giving you space to let you have a look for yourself. You stare at your reflection— your hair, adorned with gold clippings that match the gold streaks of your wedding gown, is neatly tied into a tight bun, showing your lightly powdered cheeks. You couldn't smile at all even if you tried. The woman you see in the mirror isn't (First Name)... it's Princess (First Name), the one who will bring peace back to the kingdom.

"Come on, you can do it." You whisper words of encouragement under your breath. "It's for the greater good." Despite trying to convince yourself, you could not help but hold the tears that slowly formed in your eyes. Imagination runs wild inside your mind— what if you cried and let the makeup smear your face? You'll just have the servants redo the makeup and by the time they finish, you'll be late to the wedding and it will be called off. Sounds like a plan... that'll never happen.

"Princess, it is time." One of the servants spoke, bringing you back to reality. You silently nod, leaning your head down as they put a slightly see-through red veil on top of your head. With one hand, they guide you out of your room and into the small carriage stationed in front of the large gates at the entrance of the palace, which will lead you to the Kingdom of Mondstadt, where your wedding will be privately held.

"Martin." You greet with a small smile.

"Princess." He greets back, bowing his head respectfully. "Shall we?"

You nod at him, getting into the carriage. Not so long after, the carriage halts and one of the doors opens. You see a hand extended towards you and you take it. Martin escorts you to where Diluc was waiting. As your hand leaves Martin's, it was then replaced with Diluc's. He guides you towards a small altar where you both knelt to the soft cushion on the floor, praying to the God Barbatos to bless your wedding. Then, you pass by a large fountain where two geese were playfully chasing each other. After that, you both separate as you arrive at the main hall where everyone including your father is present.

One of the Mondstadt servants came to assist you, guiding you towards a small table in the middle of the hall. Now, you and Diluc were facing each other. Diluc bows first then you bow after. You both repeat it thrice before two servants come in front, one holding a small pot of water while the other carrying a clean towel. Diluc places his hands into the water before wiping it off with a clean towel. You follow after him, doing the same steps. Next, you both kneel onto the soft cushion, doing the next few steps— eating the meat of the same animal and drinking half a cup of wine, and exchanging before downing the whole cup.

Diluc then gets up from the cushion and approaches behind you, removing the red string attached to your hair, which means that Diluc will take over the bride from the parents. After that, the two servants individually cut a small portion of your hairs, binding them together on a knot that symbolizes your bodies and hearts together as one. With the last step, you and Diluc are to hold hands and say your vows.

"No matter life or death, near or far, we pledge our word," You begin.

"Hold your hand and grow old with you together. No matter live or die, I make a promise to you." Diluc ends.

Although the wedding ceremony ends here, you and Diluc had to prepare for the next one which follows Mondstadt's tradition. You are escorted by Noelle to a room where several servants are waiting. Not only did they remove your red hanfu and replace it with a white wedding gown, but also your golden clips that were replaced with flower ornaments.

Wiping off the pink lipstick you had on, Noelle places a red one, almost similar to Diluc's flaming red hair. Then she carefully places a white veil over your head. "All ready," Noelle says, smiling at your appearance. You return Noelle's smile and utter a 'thank you' to her. She politely nods and then escorts you out for the second wedding ceremony— the final act that marks your marriage to Diluc.

Noelle soon leaves you as she spots your father who changed out of his hanfu. Donned in a black suit with his hair somewhat styled, he looked like he's gone younger by a few years. "Father." You greet and he smiles.

"My daughter," He gently cups your cheek, looking at you with adoration, "you make me proud. You always have."

"Thank you, Father."

"Shall we?" He removes his hand from your cheek and gestures for you to loop your hand with his. As you take his arm, the guards were signaled to open the large doors, which signaled the orchestra to start playing.

Slowly but gracefully, you walk down the aisle. You see Diluc in a dashing white suit with his hair tied into a high ponytail. Beside him is Kaeya who wore a white shirt with a blue vest with his hair tied in a low messy bun. You admit that they both look handsome, but Diluc's appearance captivated you even more.

Once you were a meter apart from Diluc, your father separates from you, walking to his seat beside King Crepus. Diluc extends his hand and you take it with yours. The priest smiles at you both before officially starting the ceremony by reading a few lines from his bible.

"I, Diluc Ragnvindr, take you, (First Name) (Last Name), to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."

"I, (First Name) (Last Name), take you, Diluc Ragnvindr, to be my groom. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."

"Before this couple exchange rings, are there any objections?"

Silence fills the room as each and everyone shook their heads. The priest nods his head in approval and ushers the both of you to exchange rings. After you both exchange your vows, Kaeya comes up, offering the rings. Diluc takes the one on the left, slipping it onto your left ring finger.

Slowly but steadily, you reach for the other ring. Before you could slip it on Diluc's left ring finger, the large gates open with a loud bang, startling everyone.

"I object to this marriage!"