Chapter 08

You couldn't sleep. The thought of wondering who Lumine was is still in your head. No matter how many times you change your sleeping position, you were still wide awake. You angrily huff before hopping off the bed to find something to do so you can waste time in hopes of making you sleepy and forget about Lumine. You made your way towards your luggage and open it, deciding to fix the dresses into the closet.

The first dress you pick up was a (Favorite Color) qipao, the dress you wore before you departed with your father. A small frown formed on your lips, reminding you of your father's sad expression when he saw you leave. You smoothen the fabric, removing the small creases before putting it in the closet. You heave a small sigh before returning to the luggage.

You put up several pieces of qipaos and hanfus and put them inside, leaving you with a blue hanfu. The top was white with a flower pattern was embroidered on both shoulders and a beautiful flying crane on the ends. The skirt was from a shade of white to a blue, making an ombré. A similar pattern was also embroidered at the ends of the skirt, only that a light blue bird replaced the crane.

The shade of blue reminded you of Tartaglia, his eyes of the same shade. If not, a little bit darker. Reminding you of the general, your first encounter wasn't the best but the second encounter wasn't something you like to remember. Though when he apologized, your relationship with him seems to patch up, and over time, it was slowly getting better until he called you by a name that wasn't even yours.

"It's not a big deal." You tried to convince yourself yet it wasn't working at all. You were still bothered by it though you didn't understand why it was bothering you. When he called you by Lumine, you felt an unfamiliar feeling in your chest. You've only known him for a month and you were sure that it wasn't love, after all, even if you were to fall in love with him, you don't want your first lover to be someone who couldn't get over his past.

Focusing on the task at hand, you hang up the last piece and close the closet. After all that, you didn't feel tired. It only made you feel more productive. You make your way towards the table in the room and pick up a small notebook from one of its drawers. It was something Ganyu had gifted you when you first came to the camp but it has never been used.

You pick up a writing brush and dipped it into the dark liquid before writing down how your day went. In a few minutes, you finished writing but you still don't feel tired enough to fall asleep. Then you decided to fill the other pages with whatever you could remember on the first day you came until the present.

Reminiscing the days back, it reminded you of home and your father. The questions that still linger in your mind were about his health and whether he doing well despite the feud between the two kingdoms but you were reassured that Noelle will take care of it. After all, she is capable and you trust her more than any other servant.

Not that you weren't satisfied with your life here in the camp, you were happy with the friends you've made. They never cease to make you feel lonely but they couldn't feel the empty feeling in your heart. That's when you had a realization— you were homesick.

A small tear streak down your cheek, which was followed by more after, drawing in the drowsiness. With that, you cried yourself to sleep.

The next morning, you woke up to the sun shining brightly from the window. You groan, mentally cursing yourself that you had forgotten to close the curtains last night. You groggily stood up from the chair, doing a few stretches to relieve your back from the pain of slouching while sleeping, and not to mention, the sparring you had with Tartaglia yesterday.

Once you had finished doing your daily morning routine, you exit the bathroom to retrieve one of your dresses from the closet. Today, you chose a red qipao. It had a simple design of a gold pattern on the right while a golden phoenix decorated the left. Although it has a simple design, the fabric was made of the finest silk flowers from Liyue.