funfair

the next day:

"(y/n), someone's here to see you.", my Mum shakes my shoulder gently to wake me up. I open my eyes slowly, and am face to face with my digital alarm clock which reads 2:38pm.

"Tell them to fuc- I mean go away."

"Oh come on.", she laughs gently, "I'm sure you'll have a change of heart when you see who it is. Plus, its the middle of the afternoon. You should get up."

I groan but sluggishly get out of bed and trudge downstairs. Before I open the living room door, I hear male voices talking.

So I open the door, and see Oikawa and Iwaizumi sitting on the same sofa. They both turn around at the sound of the creaking door.

"(y/n)!", Oikawa instantly jumps off the sofa, running towards me and pulling me into a hug. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too Tooru.", I smile back, then look over his shoulder at Iwaizumi who's stood there awkwardly.

"And I missed you Iwa.", I free myself from Oikawa's hold and go to hug Iwaizumi. He smiles and pats my head with one hand whilst the other rests on my waist.

After our initial greetings, I lead them up to my bedroom. They sit down on my king sized bed which has miraculously been made, by my Mum of course. She hates messes. Oikawa lays his head on Iwaizumi's lap, and I go to sit on my spinning chair at my desk.

"You aren't busy tonight, are you?", Iwaizumi asks me as he plays with Oikawa's hair.

"No, should we go somewhere?"

"Yeah. Lets go to-"

"The funfair!", Oikawa chimes in, cutting Iwaizumi off.

I laugh as Iwaizumi rolls his eyes. "That sounds nice, lets do it."

After we discuss how we're going to get there and other minor details, I join them on the bed and pull a blanket over us. Oikawa grabs the remote to my TV and opens Netflix, choosing a movie for us to watch in the background whilst we catch up.

"So (y/n), how are things with Suna?", Oikawa wiggles his eyebrows suggestively as he asks the question.

"There are no 'things'. He's so annoying.", I dismiss.

"But didn't you go to his house the other night?"

"What- how did you know that?"

"Snap maps. So...did anything happen?"

"No nothing happened, nothing ever happens because he's annoying and I'd never allow it."

"Ugh so boring (y/n)."

I stick my middle finger up at him, and he winks at me before snuggling into Iwaizumi's chest again.

Third wheeling in my own home, on my own bed.

"Ok but cmon (y/n), you and Suna would have cute kids-", Oikawa tries to continue teasing me but I throw a pillow at his face. "Iwa help me!"

Iwaizumi shakes his head with a smile. "No, you deserved that one."

-

Myself, Oikawa and Iwaizumi decided to catch the bus to the funfair. It was about a 20 minute journey, and now we're walking from the bus stop to the fairground. Its obvious that we're getting closer, and lots of people are heading in the same direction, and the faint rumble of rollercoasters can be heard.

We're all very excited, not only to be going to the funfair, but also to be spending some quality time together. Sometimes I do wish I stayed in Miyagi with them, I could've maybe moved in with my aunt or something. But then again, I think I needed the change of scenery and people, because now I appreciate my two best friends even more.