"I uhhh need to go get a drink."

"You can't get a drink at the diner?" she raised a brow as we both stepped out the car. We exchanged looks, mine being irritated and hers being mischievous.

"No." i slammed the car door and made my way to the entrance of the store.

My heart immediately not functioning properly the second i laid eyes on Fezco. I haven't seen him since winter formal which was a while ago.

"Welcome in." he called out but didn't look up to look at me. Why? Because he was too busy talking to some girl with burgundy hair. I like her hair but i hate her. She was standing in front of him so he didn't see me until i walked in further. My mission to win Fezco back and tell him i'm clean has failed. The girl ruined it for me.

"Hey Fez." Rue's arm rested around my shoulders as she appeared at the entrance with me. Now he finally moved his head to look at both of us. And burgundy bitch turned around to look at us too. She was so pretty i wanted to just take a bottle of xanax and take a nap at the bottom of the ocean. I took note of her perfect body and the clothes she wore to show it off. Her picture perfect smile and nose ring. I was intimidated. I've never felt this way before. Usually i've never gave a shit about a girl talking to a guy i'm hooking up with, but Fez is different. For obvious reasons, he was more than some hook up. He was actually my boyfriend. As selfish and obsessive as it sounds, i wanted to be the only girl who had his attention. I didn't like this feeling of being replaced.

I looked over at Fez. That smile he had before i walked in was gone. His eyes immediately meeting mine. He looked surprised and taken aback to see me. Him looking at me made my insides mix around. It felt like the very first moment i ever laid eyes on him. All my feelings just overwhelming my mind.

"Aster." he formed a smile.

"Hi." i smiled nervously quickly glancing at burgundy bitch.

"How are you?" he turned his whole body to face me as i walked past him to pretend to look at the fridge. Well not actually pretending, i was looking for my kale drink but because i felt all eyes on me, i couldn't think properly and wasn't able to find it.

His eyes never leaving mine. It was making me flustered honestly. Burgundy bitch made me forget what i was doing. My whole mind just got scrambled because some female came into the picture. Who is she? Why is she here? Why is Fezco smiling at her?

"I'm good." i responded while scanning the drink selection.

"And you?" i travelled to the other side of the store and looked at the snacks. Honestly i just wanted avoid his and her eyes. It's been a while since the breakup and i'm nervous being around him. What is this? middle school? I didn't like it. The power Fezco had over me and he didn't realize it.

"I-I'm good." he stuttered.

"That's good." i forced a smile as i reached for a random bag of chips. Then i made my way back to the drinks to finally grab my kale juice.

I glanced over at Rue as she just stood there watching us interact. She was enjoying how awkward this was for me. I just knew she was going to make fun of it in the car.

"How much do i owe you?" i set the drink and bag of chips on the counter. I stared at the counter to avoid their eyes. I was standing in between where Fez sat and where Burgundy bitch stood.