Chapter 12

Jisung really did write his parents a letter. He told them the real reason why he had gotten married to Taeyeon, what he had hated so much about it, he even told them the whole truth about what had happened in New York, and the four days he had spent at Minho's house after running away, how it had felt to be locked up inside his own house. How the way they treated him had made him feel. And that he was fine now. That he was happy, but that he missed them, and that he still loved them. And forgave them.

He hoped they would understand him better after reading the letter.

Changbin texted him almost every day, and it was great to have him back in his life. He got a lot of photos of the older with his girlfriend, which meant that he was definitely whipped.

Other than that, he spent most of his time watching sappy dramas that made Minho leave the room whenever he turned it on. But he was just in a romantic mood in the moment, leave him alone.

After almost two months inside, he decided it was finally time for him to go outside, so he told Minho that he would go shopping in the city. The older seemed a bit surprised.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, it's okay. I think I should spend some time on my own for once." He really loved Minho's company, but sometimes he missed being able to go somewhere all on his own.

To say that Minho looked relieved would be an understatement. Jisung just had to laugh at him. Yes, it didn't seem like Minho to stroll through shopping streets and visit boutiques.

"But take your phone with you", Minho said before Jisung left the house.

Going out was exciting. But Jisung had to admit that, once he got out the car and saw all the people wandering the streets, he was tempted to call Minho to come with him because it scared him. But he took a deep breath and decided to just keep going.

It was scary, for sure, but after walking for a while he got more calm and started enjoying being outside. He avoided big crowds and only entered the emptier boutiques, looking through the clothes in the stores.

After an hour or so he got sick of it, so he considered going to a café just to watch the people go by. Yes, he was scared of big crowds, but he definitely liked watching all different kinds of people and imagining what kind of life they were leading, especially now that he didn't have to pity himself anymore when he saw happy people. Instead, he felt sorry for most of them. He was sure none of them had a friend as good as Minho.

But, to be honest, he was kind of exhausted already. He would be able to come back whenever he wanted anyways. So he called his driver to take him home.

When he opened the front door, he heard two male voices coming from inside and he only recognized one. Minho had guests?

He felt a bit anxious but also curious, so he walked over to the living room and saw Minho and another man sitting at the small round table by the kitchen.

The other man was the first one to see him, turning his head towards him which made Minho notice him, too.

"Oh, Jisung, I didn't think you would come back that soon." He sounded apologetic, knowing that Jisung was still a bit wary with new people.

"I got exhausted pretty quickly", Jisung said quietly, still pressed against the door frame. He felt embarrassed for acting so shy, but he just really hadn't expected someone to be with Minho.

The man next to Minho smiled at him brightly. He had blonde curls and was suntanned, as if he spent a lot of time in warm places. "It's nice to finally meet you, Jisung." He got up and extended his hand towards the other, despite them still standing several meters apart. "I'm Chan."