Chapter 12

Everett

"Hey baby" I got startled when Jared whispered in my ear. I was too far in my thoughts thinking about what Martha had just told me, I didn't hear him approach me. Jared turned me around capturing my lips to his in a steamy kiss which made me shake all over. I was sad but at the same time I can't resist him like have you seen his lips or tasted them. They are so deliciously sweet I can't get enough of them. "How are you love" he whispered between our mouths our breathing so heavy.

"I'm fine, how are you. How was work" I ask pushing my hands up and down his chest

"I'm fine" he replied, looking at me intently "something wrong" he asked worriedly.

"No, why?" I ask try to smile but I knew better, if I have something bothering me everyone can know just look deep into my eyes and you will know.

"I know you Ev, som........" he was cut off by his mother's voice.

"Jared, Eva come inside I want to introduce Eva to some people," Norah said with a big smile on her face. Jared looked at me for a few seconds whispering that we will talk at home holding my hand as we walked inside the house catching up with Norah. She introduced me to different rich people and by the time she was done my hand was aching. She said bye to her guests since it was getting late. All I needed was to go home and rest but Norah said that she wants to talk to us about something. So we stayed behind.

I wonder what she wanted to talk about.

"Norah I can't wait to see little Jared running around now that we officially met his girlfriend" that bitch Erica said, I hate her so fuckin much. She always finds a way to ruin things. Jared scoffed who was seated beside me his hand on my thigh rubbing circles all over it. I saw him in the corner of my eyes as he rolled his eyes sipping on his wine.

"That's what I wanted to talk about" Norah smiled at her husband Martin who sat beside her.

"Mum not now" the warning in Jared's voice couldn't be masked.

"Jared all my friend's kids are getting married and have kids. I want the same and since you have been blessed with this beautiful lady why not" she said her husband nodding along with her words.

"We're not ready mum, we have been dating for a few months no need to rush things" Jared replied. I just kept quiet, not interfering he can handle this. Right but I was wrong.

"Jared, me and your dad dated for four months and got pregnant with you" his mum argued

"Mum I told you I can't walk in your footsteps and nowadays dating is different. You can't just jump in to something unless you're sure" i shook my head hearing what had just said.

"If you meet the one, you just know Jared. I met your father and I just know he was the one. Seeing Eva, I feel like she's your soul mate" she smiled sweetly at me. I wanted to roll my eyes but I couldn't instead I smiled at her too.

"The woman is perfect look at her just ask her hand in marriage before it's too late" Martin added sweetly. I wonder if they would say those words if they know that it's me. I giggled at my thoughts. I know if they find out that it's me, they would kick me out without a second thought.

"Dad I know h-she's perfect but that's not how it works. We go step by step nowadays. We first move in together and see if you can handle sharing space with each other then ask her hand in marriage" Jared said. Why say all of that. All he had to say is yes and we get out of here. A second wedding doesn't hurt anyone.

"I don't understand why that thing doesn't move out already, I thought he would have moved out by now," Norah said with harshness in her voice.

"Mum" Jared warned looking at me nervously. I just shrugged it off, this wasn't the first time they had talked about me in that manner.