Chapter-5

"I told Ammi (Mom) and rest that I don't remember how she looked, what her height was or whatnot—All I saw and remember was that she is a hijabi." Samiya ended happily while looking between mine and her mother, who was seated right next to me with a composed smile.

"Nowadays it's so rare for girls to take interest in hijab and religion. Even though right islamic values is the most important thing to bring forth a better generation. I think our religion is so beautiful that it automatically beautifies the person who follows it—" Samiya was still saying, but I got lost in my thoughts.

In that moment, not a single soul in that room could have possibly comprehended what this insignificant detail meant to me. My heart was welling up in gratitude to my Lord.

All these years, while I was constantly worrying and stressing about everything, my Allah had already set a plan devised specifically for me in motion. Not a single detail had escaped His notice. Even when everything felt like it was falling apart, it was actually all coming together in place in the most perfect way, unimaginable to me—All of it a part of the inevitable chain of events needed to bring me closer to my destination.

I couldn't think further when I heard Auntie's voice. Shaking off my lingering thoughts, I turned my attention towards her, who was going on with a smile in her voice and ages old wisdom behind her orbs.

"Ibrahim is also regular in his prayers and fasting MashaAllah. Last year, he prayed so hard in Tahajjud for us to visit him. In the end we ended up stranded there for months because of the pandemic. They had shut down borders and everything. Both me and his Abbu (Dad) ended up getting very sick. After that he vowed he will only pray that Allah grants his duas as Allah knows it to be in his best interest only—" Her voice trailed off mixing in with laughter, while I continued to watch her with a smile; her words giving me a better insight about his character.

"We told him we will only visit him now after he got married and give us grandchildren to play with. Otherwise it is no good for us." Auntie continued with a chuckle and I felt myself looking away with a smile.

"InshaAllah you should come to our place this weekend. We are expecting some guests over for a couple of days, but inshaAllah we will be free by then—" Everyone had stood up to bid them farewell after almost 2 hours had passed by in a blink of an eye. That's when Auntie remarked with an eager but collected smile; the happiness radiating off of her face, which matched that of my parents as well; who seemed extremely delighted post their visit, relishing in the hopes of this alliance to come true. All that was left now was visiting them. And if that went well too, I could get a chance to talk to him, and see for myself if Ibrahim really was the one living in my heart and duas.

---------------------

'3 hours already..'

I checked the time on my phone for the nth time and let out an anxious sigh.

'Mama said it should take hardly half an hour for them to get to their place. They shouldn't have been gone for this long. Maybe it's a no-go? Maybe Papa, Mama didn't like it...Or maybe they are still there because it is going alright?'

With every passing minute my anxiety was peaking. I tried everything to keep my attention diverted, but it was getting really impossible.

'Whatever happens, InshaAllah it will be for my best interest. I have left it all to Allah SWT. InshaAllah either way I will remain patient..'

Once again, I made a futile attempt to placate myself, but it was of no use. Getting off of the bed, I began pacing around my room. After a week's delay because of their guests, a meeting plan had finally been set up this weekend and my parents had went over to their place. And if I was honest, this was the first time I was excited and hopeful about my parents going to meet some proposal. Otherwise it was always a constant feeling of loathe, alongside prayers for it to end well if it wasn't meant to be. However, this time around I had already prayed istakhara 9 times; one of them was just a while ago, right after my parents had left.