Chapter-1

"No! I mean—!! It was so annoying!! I mean—You're engaged now, dude! For God's sake!" I exclaimed angrily, throwing a gaze at my friends around the table whilst sitting in the Hospital's cafeteria.

"He just keeps staring in that weird way! Makes me so angry and uncomfortable! I had a mind to seriously just go up to him and ask him what his deal was! It's been 2 years now!" I huffed in exasperation while my friends tried to calm me down.

"The poor dude is seriously hung up on you. Cut him some slack." Ramsha snickered while eating her fries and I turned away with a roll of eyes; my signature high ponytail swinging behind me from the movement.

"Yeah, let Shoaib be. At least he only just stares at you, unlike Faizan." Asma interjected with a snicker and I could only click my tongue in exasperation. I was letting off some steam about an incident with just one of the guys in our class, but there were many more.

"Yeah! Remember how last week during Shumaila's birthday party in cafeteria he declared 'Save a piece for Musfirah. She is not here.' in front of every.one present there!!" Maliha exclaimed with widening eyes, adding oomph to her voice for extra effect; whereas I could only grunt in disgust.

"That was only because I was covering his shift! Which by the way happened completely by chance, because he meant to ask Farah from his batch, whom I had gone to meet during the break. But she was busy with her own patient, that's why he asked me. You guys like making a mountain of a molehill." I shook my head in exasperation.

"Oh please! On more than 2 separate occasions he called you by a different name, just to catch your attention but you showed no reaction and just moved aside as if you were really Ayesha! Why don't you give him some response? He is the best guy in class for crying out loud!" Laiba swooned towards the end and I nearly dropped my face in my hands.

"Oh God! Just leave it to you to cook up romance stories where none exist! And I don't see what every girl in our class finds so praiseworthy about him? He is a flirt at most! Don't you guys remember the ugly fling/breakup he had with Safa in just 1st year." I sighed in defeat and took a sip of my green tea.

"Okay, that maybe so. But you just hate every single guy. Let's just admit it once and for all. Are you sure you are straight?" Ramsha snickered evilly and I shot her a mocking smile.

"My list is too long. No one here can measure up to it. Plus! I came here to become a doctor—not finding dudes to marry!" I sucked in a long tired breath.

"What's the list?" The curious inquiry came from Asma and I paused, lost in thought for a moment. Humming, I began to list down the required characteristics of my future partner.

"He needs to be educated obviously, rich, good family background, stable job, settled abroad, handsome definitely, tall, a great personality, at least 4years older and not more, anddddd—"

"There's still more?" Laiba's face was pulled down in shock.

"This list is so materialistic." Ramsha shook her head in disappointment.

"Correction—Realistic." I added with a smile.

"Realistic as if! Where in the world can you find a single man with all these characteristics? Plus even if he did exist, why would he marry you??" Maliha scoffed.

"He will marry me because Allah has written for that poor dude to marry me! And I am asking from Allah to give me such a man. Nothing is impossible for Him. And you should never hesitate in asking Him for whatever you want. Plus anytime can be 'dua qaboliyat' time! That's why we should always utter good and hopeful prayers." I shrugged my shoulder with a wide victorious smile, as they all nodded in agreement.