Chapter 4

Chapter 4 : the president

Everything has stopped and all I can hear is the loud beep from nowhere, it was like whispering to my ear saying that I should end everything right now.

Then suddenly, a movement from my shoulder recognize the warmth of his hand. At that moment, I already know who he is.

"Are you okay? I noticed you earlier, you were mentally absent. What happened?" Caerus asked.

He touched my heart by just doing that simple act. It was something that my system can't deny for it is comforting, so true.

I gave him a melancholic smile, "Yeah." 

"You seem so blue. What's the problem?"

"Wala, I was just overthinking everything."

Hindi na siya nakasagot pa dahil may pumasok sa aming classroom, it turns out to be the SSG president of our school.

Beside him is the vice-president, nakita ata niya na nasa balikat ko ba ang kamay ni Caerus kaya tumaas ang kilay nito sa akin at binigyan ako ng nanlilisik na tingin.

Agad kong hinawi ang kamay nito dahil ayaw ko muna ng gulo. Sakto namang bumalik si Caerus sa kaniyang upuan dahilan upang mapanatag ang aking kalooban.

"Attention," the president proclaim and automatically all of the people inside the classroom did. Sitting straight and proper, and just in a blink the filthy classroom filled with trashes became clean that even a small amount of dust scattered around the room disappeared.

The president cleared  his throat and spoke, "The SSG council decided to celebrate the buwan ng wika this year outside the campus. We'll be having a lot of activities like spoken poetry contest, slogan and poster making, quiz bee, just like the activities from last year."

"The event will be held in a camping site, prepare yourselves with the necessities you will need." The vice-president added.

After the president spoke with such authority, I can now hear my co-students chattering about the said event. I mentally smirked, you can't gain respect by being a campus bitch. I immediately erase that thought.

After the announcement the bell rang, a sign that it is already lunch time.

The whole way to my lunch place, I did everything to avoid Caerus. I realize that after all what happened, prevention is better than cure. It is better to avoid Caerus, be a lowkey victim, and mysterious. I'm afraid that one day, they might expose me, my bare soul who's longing for affection. I'm afraid to be humiliated again.

When I get to settle in a place where human free, especially Caerus, I opened my lunch.

The place is relaxing, parte ito ng school grounds pero nakatago dahil napapaligiran ito ng kung ano-anong mga halaman at puno. Hindi rin ito madaling makita pwera nalang kung may maririnig kang boses mula dito. This is a secret place where I am the only one who knows.

But the time when I put a spoonful of my rice, I noticed the grasses moved like someone is making its way here in my secret place. The audacity of this person to trespass in my place.

Manigas siya, I'm not gonna move. Nagpatuloy lamang ako sa pagkain ngunit nalaglag ang aking panga noong makita ko kung sino ang nakapasok. Muntik na akong bilaukan kaya dali-dali akong tumayo at nagbigay galang ngunit dahil sa ginawa ko ay natapon nanaman ang aking pagkain.

"President!" Hindi ako tumayo sa pagkakayuko dahil lahat ng mga estudyante dito ay ginagalang siya kahit pa ikamatay nila iyon. He's that mighty in our school. He's like a god.