PROLOGUE

79's is always busy. When Captain Rex and his boys get leave this is the first place they hit up. It's always nice to take a breather even if it's just for a moment.

Rex takes a swing from his cup at the barstools and glances over at a booth where Jesse and Kix are laughing their blacks off. Fives has Hardcase in a choke hold and Echo is shaking his head doing his best not to smile. Tup is walking over with an arm full of drinks. Dogma sweeps cards off the table, standing and pointing an accusing finger at Jesse. The outburst makes Jesse laugh even harder. They don't always get along but when they do there's no other brothers Rex would rather be serving with.

Ninety-nine percent of the people who come in here are clones. So when a new brother shows up they are welcomed in familiar arms and friendly triumphant punches. Rex watches a clone bearing blue accents on his armor. Most of the line work is standard on the shoulders and torso. He walks further into the bar casually accepting the playful greetings. The 501st is a large platoon and unfortunately the well respected Captain doesn't always have the pleasure of serving beside each and every one of his men. If I had it my way I would.

A clone in his grey starship uniform, still immaculate despite the man's wobbly steps, knocks the 501st trooper on the helmet while sharing a few words before collapsing into a nearby booth with other officers.

Rex notices, between Twi'lek heads and clone shoulders, Phase II ARC armor as the man walks up to the bartender. A solid black kama slightly sways under thigh holsters. The single left pauldron is singed and tattered. The ammo pouches on his chest are threadbare and worn. The man orders a drink and thanks the barkeep, taking the cup with a steady hand. He takes a seat on a stool directly across the bar from Rex's field of view, staring at the liquid.

Rex takes another drink savoring the slight burn in the back of his throat. The ARC trooper appears shell shocked not paying much attention to the commotion in the bar. He hasn't removed his helmet either. The man's right shoulder bears a crusader logo circled out in black thorny lines. The Captain eyes Fives as he stumbles over to the trooper.

"501st is in the house!" Says Fives raising his drink and attempts to drape an arm over the man's shoulders.

Before Fives is even touching his shoulders the trooper flinches knocking over his glass and drawing a blaster. The commotion heading a few glances to which attentions return to their drinks and entertainment.

"Whoa!" Fives says raising his hands.

Rex smirks to himself. Fives is still sober enough to know what that end of the barrel can do.

Fives leans in and says, "You okay, brother?"

The ARC trooper doesn't move but then his shoulders loosen and he puts down the blaster. He shakes his head and nods. He must have said something too quite for Rex to hear since Fives's smile returns.

He says, "ARC-Troopers got to stay together. Am I right?"

The other clone nods again leaning his elbows on the bartop.

Fives orders him another drink and punches him in the arm before walking away towards the latrine.

The newly aquatinted 501st ARC-Trooper looks up from his fresh drink. Captain Rex finds himself staring directly at the man's helmet. A mythosaur in black ink completely covers the right side of the man's helmet. The skulls' teeth accents the lines of the frowning mouth. Rex raises his cup in casual greeting to the trooper. The clone returns the gesture but doesn't drink. He turns and walks out of 79's seeming to disappear into the crowd. Between the bodies Rex spots the hilt of, on the back of his belt...is that a Lightsaber?...