ARRIVAL

"LZ in 3 minutes," says the Republic Gunship clone trooper pilot.

Echo watches Captain Rex nod and turn to address the clones hanging onto the handles in the ship bay.

"Alright men," the Captain says, "Remember this is strictly recon. There is no intel indicating the level of development of the communications outpost. We do not engage Separatist forces unless absolutely necessary." Rex's eyes scan the faces of each of his squad. His eyes resting on Fives.

Fives leans over and whispers to Echo, "Why does he look at me when he says that?"

Echo opens his mouth with a sarcastic remark on his mind, "Because-"

Rex cuts him off, "Fives. Echo."

"Yes, sir," the two newly ranked ARC-Troopers say in unison snapping to attention.

"We'll be touching down on a ridge about 1-klick from an abandoned farmhouse." Rex pulls up a holo of a small shack and an accompanying barn. "Scope it out to make sure it is abandoned. Don't want anyone returning home to find a squad of clones have taken up temporary residence."

Fives adds, "What if it isn't abandoned?"

Rex blinks and says, "Then we'll have to find a different place to set up the bivouac."

"Copy that, sir," they say in sync.

"LZ is clear. Disengage." The pilot's voice enters the comms.

"You heard him, boys. Move out." Rex's hand slices through the air as the Gunship doors slide open.

The squad of clones slip on their helmets and line up outside the ship. As soon as they're clear, it rises back into the air.

The comms crackle again, "Good luck, Captain. An AT-TE will be on standby should there be a need for reinforcements."

"Copy that, Corporal," Rex watches the Gunship fly away into the night, "If things go well. We shouldn't need it."

Echo takes comfort in the fact that they'll have reinforcements at the ready about 5-Klicks from this LZ. The AT-TE will come in handy should we need it.

"Echo, get over here," Fives says not taking his attention away from his electrobinoculars.

Echo takes a knee beside a prone Fives. The edge of the cliff face peers down at the same farmhouse he saw in the briefing.

"Whatcha got, Fives," Rex crouches next to the ARC-Troopers.

Fives shakes his head and glances at Rex. "No movement what so ever. I'm not seeing any heat signatures either." He goes back to looking though his scopes.

Rex straightens and says, "Okay. Fives and Echo take two speeders for a closer look." He points at the rest of the squad, "Jesse, Kix, and Hardcase you're with me. We'll investigate the local town about 2-Klicks from this farm house."

Echo straddles one of six speeder bikes the Gunship dropped off with the clones. His movement in sync with Fives's motion.

"Echo," Rex calls after him, "Make sure he doesn't get any funny ideas."

"Yes, sir," says Echo before following Fives over the edge. He can't help smile knowing Fives will get into trouble whether he seeks it out or not. He's simply a magnet for those sort of things.