BOMB THE FOB: PT 3

"Captain, come in," says Echo into the comms. He looks over at Fives in the cockpit of the AT-TE who is still manning the tank. He shakes his head and says, "Can't reach 'em."

Fives lowers the tank and points at two small dots trailing across the dirt. He says, "He'll make it out. There's Jesse and Hardcase."

"Where's Rex and Kix?" Says Jesse climbing into the cabin.

Hardcase slumps against the wall breathing hard. He raises a hand and says, "Don't forget about Soap."

"His name isn't Soap," says Jesse leaning over Fives to peer out of the windows.

"There," says Fives. He points at the ground below.

Echo's eyes follow Fives finger. Rex and Kix sprint towards the tank. They blast threw a few straggler droids shooting nuance blasts at the tank. Rows of more clankers march up the ramp. The Mandalorian no where to be seen.

Captain Rex pulls himself into the tank. "We're all accounted for," he says.

"But, the Mandalorian," says Echo looking at Rex then down at the battalion of droids.

Rex nods and adjusts a clone helmet on his hip.

Echo recognizes it as the Mando's. The helmet bearing the mythosaur mark. A gash sliced through it's dome cracking the visor. Echo frowns clenching his jaw. Not wanting to believe it.

Then Rex says firmly, "She's coming."

"Wait a minute. She?" Says Jesse.

"You owe me two credits," says Fives quiet enough for Echo to hear.

Echo ignores him and looks back at the droids expectantly. He watches a silver line rip right down the middle of the droids like a ship through hyperspace. An unseen wind knocks over the other droids. The line zips back to its thrower. The Mandalorian steps out into the light of day. Even at this distance Echo can see the white of her piercing eyes. Blank and unpredictable.

"Is she blind?" Says Echo hardly believing his own eyes.

"How she sees I have now idea," says Rex looking over Fives's shoulder.

"Is that a droid arm?" Says Fives looking up at Rex.

Rex chuffs. "Tactical droid exploded."

"But the Mando got its head," says Kix holding it and looking out the windows with the other troopers.

Echo watches Mando side step a destroyer droid that was recovering from its tumble. She jumps and punches the clanker in the head with a haymaker. It's head rips apart from its bearings and wires lodging into the chest of its buddy.

"I got it!" Says Fives leaning forward as the Mando ignites the jet pack on her back.

"Her name, I'm guessing," says Echo watching the smoke trail behind her. There's a metal thunk as she lands on the top of the tank.

"Haymaker," says Fives.

"I like it," says a strange voice behind them.

All the clone troopers spin around.

Echo watches Mando lean against the wall mimicking Hardcase when he climbed aboard. The arm of the droid stuck in her chest making the scene almost comical.

"But I'd really like it if someone could take out this droid arm. It's getting on my nerves."

The clones laughter fills the interior of the tank. Echo laughs with his brothers. She's just as crazy as us.

Rex steps over to her. He places something in her hand.

She half smiles. "For Soap," she says and presses the detonator.