"Don't judge, I was tired," I pout.

In response, she just laughs. 

"Ugh, you guys are so overwhelmingly cute, it's making me sick. I'm out of here," Cisco raises his hands in mid-air and walks out the room. I cast Annabeth a funny look, and I laugh.

"Are you worried about tonight?" she asks, immediately changing the mood of our conversation.

The end of my mouth tugs downwards. "A little. But it's nothing we haven't done before, right?"

"I mean, technically, we haven't encountered a man who can run at super-speed yet, so this is a first."

"You got a point." But before Annabeth can respond, Cisco pokes his head in the lab, looking at us.

"I thought our love was too overbearing for you, Cisco," Annabeth mocks him and he just replies with a groan and a roll of his eyes.

"Eddie's here with his task force. We're meeting in the Cortex, and Caitlin wanted me to tell you guys," he said in almost one breath and left as soon as he came.

Annabeth hops off her stool and leaves the room. "Better get dressed, Seaweed Brain, unless you want them to know your identity," she called out behind her as she left. After a minute of putting on my suit (Why is the belt buckle so complicated, Cisco?), I entered the Cortex, where a group of people were awaiting us. I noticed the blonde detective in the middle of the group. You could barely distinguish any of his cop friends. They all wore black vests and armor, all carrying similar rifles in their hands. The only piece of skin you could see were their eyes.

They looked at me and I looked at them. "Sup," I said, nodding at the cops and they nod back. I want to give the blonde detective I now recognize as Eddie a dirty look, but since my hero identity, Hydro, (don't judge, it wasn't my idea. I got that name after helping Barry with this guy called Mark Mardon who could control the weather), has no history with Eddie, it would be too suspicious.

And Iris had thought it would be cute to post in one of her blogs to dub me as "Hydro." And, come on, Iris. What kind of name is that? I'll need to have a conversation with her about that.

Annabeth and I lean against the wall as Cisco hops in his chair and immediately starts typing. After a quick moment, he hits the 'enter' key and looks at us.

"Just sent out a pulse."

The screens on the desk and the tv's all around the room displayed the same thing: security cameras showing the trap down in the basement. It was empty, but the suspense was killing me.

"How do we know this trap is going to work?" I ask.

"Because I helped make it," Cisco said, smiling. I give him an unimpressed look.

"Kidding, sorry. I sent up about three charges into an open satellite. So, I mean, if anyone's looking for tachyonic particles, they'll find them here." As soon as the words left his lips, I almost jumped back as the Reverse Flash got caught in the trap. I wasn't certain it would work, but watching the Reverse Flash trapped in the invisible barrier, I knew my doubts were wrong. The Reverse Flash attempted to punch at the invisible walls, but it was no use.

"Let's go see what we caught, hm?" Wells suggests and we all go down to the basement.

•••