See?

Rùna followed Hvitserk to the stables where they hoped to find the queen trying to sneak away, but all the horses stood in their boxes and not a person dared to show themselves. Listening closely, she crossed the stables and glared out the other side towards the open fields. There in the distance, the wind blowing into the stables, Rùna noticed something. "Hvitserk, come here!" She pointed at the trees far off to their left. "There is something there, under the trees"

Unable to see in the dark, Hvitserk stepped towards the open door of the stables, but Rùna held him back. "Wait" In that moment a lightning split the sky and Hvitserk's eyes grew wide at what he saw in the distance.

"We have to get you back inside" He ordered, however when Rùna refused, he lifted her off the ground, threw her over his shoulder and carried her into the great hall, where all eyes fell on him as he put her down. "There are more men outside, armed and ready to fight!"

"Bring my daughter to her room and protect her with your life" King Valtar ordered Hvitserk.

Both he and Ragnar headed to the door to see and with the next strike of lightning, the weapons of their enemies shone in the dark. They turned to their men, preparing for a battle and stormed out of the house into the darkness unsure of what awaited them on the battlefield with no sight.