Ch.27 A Broken King

Mulai dari awal

*Flashback*

*3 years after Tanjiro became the demon king*

It was rough for the survivors of the 'final battle' as they tried to adjust to the new rules due to the involvement of the government. However, it was worse as they watched their brother, lover, friend and so much more, Become the very thing they tried to destroy that day. They tried to move on with some being able to but that wasn't the case for everyone. Kanao handled it the worst of the remaining squad.

Kanao, Inosuke and Zenitsu were given the rank of hashira after the battle but the tension never left the three. Kanao became bitter towards the others including Nezuko as they had told the government that didn't know who the demon king was. Kanao viewed it as them trying to pretend Tanjiro never existed. It didn't help that her sister was lost that day as well, but now they pretended the one that unlocked her heart never existed. After that Kanao became cold and reverted back into her old self but worse. She didn't smile, she refused to talk with anyone, refused to take a Tsuguko, only completed her mission and nothing else. Kanao refused to address Nezuko as the leader of the Demon Slayer Corp that greatly saddened the dying Kamado. 

Today was no different as a 19 year old Kanao walked a empty road towards her mission. Her lone eye wandered to the scenery. The wind blew through her hair as the starry night sky illuminated the small shrine on the road. Kanao took her hair pin off and stared at it as she kneeled before the shrine and started to pray. The hair pin was a combination of the broken hairpins of her late sisters. Kanao narrowed her eyes as she felt a presence appear behind her. Kanao tied the hairpin into her usual side ponytail as her hand reached the katana on her side.

Kanao swung around with her sword ready to fight the demon but her sword lost it's fight instantly as she stared at the demon. Tanjiro stood in front of her with a smile as his red eyes looked at her softly making her feel safe all over again. Kanao dropped her katana to the dirt as tears flooded down he cheeks. Tanjiro walked up to her and cupped her cheek wiping the tears away.

Kanao: Tanjiro?

Tanjiro: I missed you Kanao.

Kanao wanted to rush to Tanjiro for a hug but what's left of her humanity stopped her as she could tell he has been eating. Tanjiro noticed this but didn't stop his advancement towards her but Kanao made no attempt to back up. Tanjiro wrapped a hand around her waist pulling her closer, closer to a warmth that Kanao hadn't felt in a long time.

Kanao couldn't help but lean into it as Tanjiro smiled gently at her as he put his head on her head. Kanao nuzzled more into him as Tanjiro started to pat her head. Now was the time to ask his question.

Tanjiro: Kanao?

Kanao: Yes, Tanjiro.

Tanjiro: Join me, become a demon and be by my side forever.

Kanao's eyes widened in shock at the proposal but for some reason she didn't want to say no. She backed up from Tanjiro locking his hands with hers as she refused to look at him. She knelt in front of him and raised her hands in a cupping motion as awaiting a gift. Tanjiro smiled softly as he started to clench his fist over her hands releasing his blood into them making a cup of blood. Kanao brought the pool to her mouth and didn't hesitate to drink it. 

Kanao's crow silently watched on a tree branch before flying off to report what it saw. The crowning of a queen.

*Flashback Over*

--

Tanjiro didn't even notice the tears running down his face as he continued to try and kill Izuku. However, Izuku noticed the tears and knew the plan now had a chance of working. Izuku destroyed another pair of tendrils as he dodged another strike from Tanjiro's blade. Izuku knew he needed to go fully in.