XXIV

Flashback, 2003

It was somehow a chilly summer.

"You both got called out by Mikey too?"

"Yeah."

"Mmm hmm."

The 12 years old Kazutora asked Rian, who was 13 at the time, and Baji, the same age as him.

"Same place as usual, right?"

No one answered, instead. They heard voices from in front of them. Three guys were there.

"Give us your money!" One of them said, punching another one down on to the ground.

"Ah."

The trio stopped.

"What are they doing in the literal broad daylight?" Rian asked, head tilting to the side.

"Gangster?" Kazutora looked at the both of his friends.

"Who knows." Baji shrugged.

"No, no. They're gangsters, I know. But why are they doing it at this time? They should do it at nighttime so no one will see them, right?" Rian shook her head, asking again.

"Yeah, they should. Pretty sure they're just idiots." Baji agreed.

"That's the point here??" Kazutora sweatdropped at the both of them.

Time skip, a few minutes later.

"Sorry. We're late." Kazutora who's walking in front apologised. Followed behind by an slightly injured Baji and Rian. Though, she looks fine.

"Baji taunted some punks on our way here." Rian closed her eyes and said.

"Oi, aren't you the one who called them assholes?!" Baji shot back.

"Whoaaa! So cool!" Pah suddenly exclaimed. Making the trio who just made it to the place confused.

"Oh, what is it?" They walked beside Pah.

"Toman's uniform is done!"

"Oh! That's cool!" Kazutora yelped.

"Right?!"

"The decoration's so detailed!" Baji agreed.

"Holy shit, the sewing technique for this. Mitsuya, you badass!" Rian, although not a part of Toman, she's still a friend of theirs.

"Don't give me that. I'm the one getting pushed to make them." Mitsuya sweatdropped.

"Right, let's change into them and take a commemorative picture!" Draken suggested.

"Right, Mikey?" He looked back at a short blonde eating a cup of chocolate parfait. It was Mikey.

"Hm?" He looked up from the cup.

"Ah! You bastard! Why'd you ate all my chocolate parfait?!" Draken yelped up.

"Whoops. Didn't notice~"

"You said you only wanted a bite!"

"Draken, You can just order another one. Let the poor guy be." Rian facepalmed. It couldn't be helped, she favoured Mikey more than anyone at that time.

"That's not the problem here!"

"What do ya mean..."

"I wanna eat this chocolate parfait!" Draken pointed at the empty cup in front of Mikey.

"Aaah." Mikey pretended that he understood what Draken's nonsense is about.

"What is it?!"

"You sure are persistent, huh."

"Hah?! You bastards!! I'll beat the bloody hell—"

"Thanks for the food!" Mikey said.

It's when everyone started laughing. Why? Cuz of all the crazyness and stupidness, of course.

"Ah... Forget it." Draken sighed.

"Kiri-chin! Come on and help us out on the photo!" Mikey, who had already changed into his new clothing said.

"I'm not good at it though." Rian admitted it, since she knew damn well herself she sucked at taking photos.

"Nevermind, nevermind!" Mikey said and ran off. Getting into position in the middle with the others, behind of a huge Toman flag laid down on the floor.

"3, 2, and..... 1!"Rian counted as she snapped the photo.

"It's done? Ohh, lemme see that!" Kazutora was the first to jump up.

The group looked at the photo and no one said anything.

"Kiri-chin... This is uh.... A bit..."

"Yeah.... A bit... Uhhh..."

"How to even describe it..."

The photo was blurry. The focus was on the buildings behind them. And it's even tilted right.

"I told you I'm not good at it!!" Rian yelped.

"I can't believe that people are actually bad at taking photos." Baji said, earning a smack behind the head by Rian after that.

"Just grab one random guy from the streets." Rian suggested.

And unfortunately, they really did that. Even beaten up the guy to make him do it cuz he declined it at first.

'I'm only joking... But oh well.'

"H-Here goes." The poor stranger who was holding the camera said.

"Hurry up!"

"Y-yes! Say cheese!" His voice kinda trembled. With that, he snapped the picture. And it came out well this time.

"At least it's better than Kiri's." Baji said, earning another smack from the girl.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now, now. I finally got the free time to write again. I enjoyed working on this chapter. And I hope you enjoy reading it too! Love ya'll and do remember that the book won't upload at a fixed time 🌸🌸

<3