XXIII

The trio and two of Kazutora's junior were on the streets now, making their way to Valhalla's hideout.

"Umm.... Hanemiya-kun..." Takemichi carefully called.

"Just call me Kazutora."

"Kazutora-kun. You're a third year in our school, right?"

"Yeah."

"Umm... I just figured everyone would make a big deal knowing someone as famous as you been in our school all this time."

"I only went for one semester as a first-year." Kazutora answered somehow sounding so calm.

"Eh?"

"This guy's been going to reform school." Rian answered for Kazutora.

"Eh?! Reform school... You got arrested?" Takemichi asked again.

Kazutora went silent for a second.
"It was his fault."

Once he said that, Takemichi clearly see Rian lowered her head and frowned. Even just for a bit.

"Look, we're almost there." Kazutora pointed.

They stopped their steps in front of an abandoned arcade.

"Eh? Here?" Takemichi asked, not so sure if it's really the right place.

"Yup."

"The arcade?"

"Already closed down a long time ago, though."

They stepped in to the building and closed the door. The first impression of this place to Rian was it was smokey.

Not just any smoke, but cigarette smokes. She absolutely hated the smell of it.

"Sheesh. The atmosphere was way more different than Toman's." Rian scoffed, covering up her nose with her hands.

They walked further in to the place. Most people are smoking. Or even giving them a dirty look.

It was until they reached to the centre of the place. Valhalla members seemed to be surrounding a view. But what is it?

The trio made their way through the crowd. What met them was pretty much shocking.

A ravanette, hair's tied up, punching the soul out of a blonde with undercut.

"That lousy hairstyle... Edward...?" Rian mumbled.

(Once again, if you didn't know. Baji's other name was Edward)

Rian's eyes narrowed to Kazutora, giving him an eye. Basically telling him that he better explain.

"It's a loyalty test." Kazutora spoke up.

"Loyalty test?" Takemichi seemed confused.

"We're testing Baji's belief. If he wants to 'switch religion' from Toman to Valhalla, then he needs to show that he's truly ready for it."

Hearing this, Rian couldn't help but clicked her tounge on this messed up shit.

"The guy Baji's punching now is Toman's first squad vice captain. Baji's most trusted retainer."

"First squad vice captain?!" Takemichi was most definitely shocked at how far Baji can go.

"Toman is Valhalla's enemy. If he's betraying his old 'God', Mikey, then he needs to stomp his old beliefs."

At the time Kazutora finished his words, Baji was done punching the blonde. Sure the atmosphere was all tense.

"Well?" Baji turned his head to people who seemed like higher ups.

"Is this good enough for you? Hanma-kun. For my initiation in to Valhalla." He released his hair from the hair tie.

Rian, who was only shocked when she heard the name. She turned her head towards where Baji's looking at. And saw the face she was most familiar with.

"Shinigami?!" Rian accidentally said that out loud.

Everyone turned their heads on her and stared at her, a strangers face.

Takemichi immediately covered her mouth with his hand.

"Shit. Fuck me." She said.

"Ho? Kiri?" Hanma smiled, looking at her.

"Hm? Kiri, you knew Hanma?" Kazutora asked.

"Kiri—" Baji also turned his head at met Rian in the eyes.

She struggled her way out of Takemichi's hand and stepped in front.

"Edward. I know that this ain't my business but." She stopped for a second.

"Beating the fuck out of Chifuyu? You're a real bitch right here."

"It has nothing to do with you, is there?" Baji turned his head away from the girl's gaze.

"Fine then. Do what you want. With Shinigami that bastard, you'll end up nowhere. Don't cry coming back when he throws you away."

Rian gritted her teeth and said. Walking up to the first squad vice captain, Chifuyu. Carrying him on her back and walking out. Leaving the poor Takemichi there.

Deep down, she didn't know that how she should feel about this situation. She's not sad. Should she really feel sadness? Or anger? Non of the situation made her sad, nor angry.

She's just shocked of all the scenes. And how Baji really betrayed Toman. Looking at Chifuyu, he's probably not gonna be out of the hospital for a few days.

The girl sighed and continued walking, going to get Chifuyu's wounds treated.