{37} Proprietorial

Start from the beginning

My hand moves before I can think, making contact with his cheek. I know he didn't call me out my name but it felt like he did. "Fuck. You."

He bites his lip and smiles. Yep, I know it stings. He takes a deep breath before walking into our closet. For a quick second, I think he's getting a weapon or something but he comes out with regular clothes on.

"Don't leave this house, Aubrei. I mean that shit." Is what he says before he leaves the room.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~

Luca

At Heathens I decided that i'm in need for a bottle or three.

"So, how did everything go?" I ask Kian who did the questioning for me.

"It went. There was nothing that she told me that we didn't already know."

"Me and Aubrei got into a fight." I don't know why I changed the subject like that.

"Yeah, what happened?" Des says from beside me.

"I was talking reckless to her and she slapped the shit out of me." I touch my cheek. "And it still stings."

"Yeah, he's booted. He would never admit to something like that. Especially out loud." Ameer says while laughing.

"You guys are fucking rude. I'm trying to talk about my relationship problems with you and you laugh at me." I say. They all look at me like something's wrong.

"Bro? Are you okay?" Oliver asks and he looks genuinely worried.

"No! That's what i'm trying to fucking tell you." I touch my cheek again and feel something wet. "Who poured water on me?"

"No one poured water on you, you're crying." Kian says and they all laugh.

"Cmon y'all don't laugh he's going through something." Des says and covers his mouth with his hand.

"I'm not crying, my contacts are messing up." I continue to wipe my eyes dry. The door opens and Amber walks in and she looks different, I can't put my finger on it.

"Polly, you cut your hair?" Ameer asks and she rolls her eyes and looks at me. She did, it doesn't come below her elbows anymore. It's now shoulder length. But that's not it, something else is different too.

"What?" She folds her arms.

"What?" I ask back.

"You called me."

"No I didn't, I don't-" I pick up my phone from the floor, "Oh, it was a mistake." She turns to leave. "Wait." I get up.

"You better fucking not." "I will beat your ass." "Sit the fuck down." I hear from my brothers.

"What? I need to talk to her."

"No, talking might turn into something else." Oliver says.

"And if you cheat on Aubrei, I will be the first to tell." I give Des a confused look.

Cheat on Aubrei? Why would I cheat on the love of my life?

"No, I would never do that to her. It's just a conversation." I say holding my right hand up.

"You can talk to her when you're not drunk." Ameer says.

"I'm not some child, I can control my alcohol." I walk away from them and go outside the door. Amber stands there, her back against the wall. "Hey."

"Hey."

"How've you been?"

"Could be better." She smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes.

"Listen I-"

"If you're going to bring up Aubrei, then we can stop this conversation now." She holds her hand up.

"No I wasn't." She nods. "I was saying that i'm sorry and I hate that we're on bad terms with each other. You're like a big sister to me-"

"Wait a minute. What? A big sister?"

Why the fuck did I say that? That's so
weird.

"I can't believe you." She begins to walk away.

"Amber, wait. Damn." I gently grab her arm but she starts fighting me. I pull her in a empty room. "Stop, please."

She continues to beat on my chest. "I fucking hate you so much!" She cries gripping my shirt. "You played me for years, Luca. And I let you because I thought you would change for me. I thought you loved me. But you don't." I wrap my arms around her, in a friendly way.

"I do love you." She lifts her head up. "But it's not-" She cuts me off by kissing me and I let it happen but I pull away. "Amber, stop. I can't do this to her."

Aubrei being the love of my life. I need to end this now.

"I love you." She grabs my face and kisses me again. But I push her away.

Her nail scratches my neck. "Stop, Amber. What the fuck?"

"And i'll do anything to have you." I look down at her hand but she quickly moves it behind her. I'm about to leave but I can't grip the doorknob. My hand is numb.

"What did you do?" I ask right at my vision blacks out.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~
Nate

"I'm gonna go get Luca, there's no telling what they're doing." I say before getting up and going to find them.

"What did you do?" A muffled voice comes from a door I walk past.

"I'm sorry but it's not fair." The other voice struggles to get out. "I had you first, Luca."

What the hell are they talking about?

I knock on the door and wait for someone to come. Amber halfway opens the door and her eyes widen, before slamming the door close. "Open the door, Amber."

"Hold on, let me get dressed." She says in a panicked voice.

Let her get dressed? She was fully clothed when she opened the door.

She opens the door again and I can see the nervous look in her eyes, she quickly looks away. Looking over at Luca, I see him asleep.

"I just heard him talk, he can't be sleep already." I eye her suspiciously.

She shrugs, "What can I say, I have-"

"Yeah, I don't care." I hold my hand up and walk to Luca, helping him up. "Cmon, cheater lets get you home to Aubrei."