{6} Canvas

Luca

an oil painting.

On the way to the warehouse, I try to remember if Aubrei was in the room when that happened. I hope she wasn't but if she was I would have to have a talk with her, not that I mind.

I call Amber to make sure the club is still going and she tells me everything is fine except for the new girl saw what happened and is having a panic attack and I sigh. Telling Amber to send her home and make sure she doesn't go running off to the police or anything. I would hate to have to kill her.

"So are y'all gonna tell me how you know Aubrei or not?" I ask them tapping on the door handle of the car.

Nobody says anything for a good minute and my suspicions start to grow.

"We knew her when we were in Chicago, she was our neighbor." Kian says.

"That doesn't explain why you're so protective, aggressive, mean or whatever you want to call it to her."

"It's not that, it's just she was the only friend we had before we came to New York." Ameer says eating fruit snacks.

Where did he even get those?

"So why is she here?" I ask.

Des sighs. "My dad caught us all outside playing together and that day at that exact moment he decided to bring a body in the backyard where we were, he saw her and got so mad, he threatened to kill her and her mother. We begged him not to, he agreed and told them to leave and if he ever saw them again he would kill them. So i'm guessing that they came here."

"What happens if your dad finds out?" Oliver asks.

"We'll keep them out of sight but knowing dad he probably doesn't even remember, so I think they're okay," Ameer says.

"So what happens to her now?" Oliver nosy ass asks.

"Nothing, I don't even think she remembers us, I think she would have said something if she did, we just have to keep them away from him like Ameer said." Kian says parking at the warehouse. I nod and get out the car.

"So what are we about to do here Sire?" Des asks with a snicker I fucking hate when they call me that.

"Stop, but we're just gonna ask them a few questions that's all." I say.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~

I send my men to go get the women they're hiding and give them directions to a safe house for them. I also send Oliver with them to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Leaving the warehouse to go home, I remember that I have to speak with Aubrei about what happened tonight. I get home take a quick shower and change then I am leaving again. I call Amber and ask her who did she leave Aubrei with and she gets angry because I know the woman's name. "If you want to keep your job, then I suggest you tell me who you left her with," I say to her with a nice calming voice. She says Terry, who is our driver. I like Terry he's a nice guy but he's old and I doubt he would be able to do anything if it comes down to it.

I hang up and call Terry and ask him where is he located he tells me Luxury Villa Apartments and Lofts. So i'm guessing she has money. I thank him before hanging up and heading towards there.