Chapter 8

Chapter 8.

-Cassie's P.O.V-

''Morning mum, morning dad.'' As I skipped down the stairs, yes, I was skipping down the stairs, how amazing is that.

''Someone's in a good mood today?'' My dad looked up at me from the newspaper, he must have realized the smile that was on my face.

''Case's got a boyfriend.'' Zayden, my 14 year old brother, literally sang that out, yeah. My whole family learned the whole 'Case' name that Cole gave me. ''He's lying.'' I couldn't let my parents know, they'll start giving me a big lecture about you know, stuffs. My dad cocked his left eye brow, looking at me suspiciously. ''Is it true darling?'' My dad asked.

''Um... well.... no?'' It sounded more like a question than an answer.

''LIAR!'' My brother blurted out, choking on his cereal after he said it. ''Serves you right bro.'' He looked up at me and I winked at him. He grunted at me as a reply.

''You.. you have no-o pro-ove, zay.'' Stammering was a big giveaway isn't it?

''It's okay sweetie, as long as your boyfriend is Cole, we're all fine with it.'' Mum had been listening to our little chat, I don't even remember her at the kitchen. Well, maybe because she was out of sight, and I'm still at the staircase, leaning on the railing.

''He isn't Cole...'' I murmured, as I made my way down to the dining table. ''What?'' My mum asked. ''He is-'' I didn't even get to finish my sentence. ''No no, I mean like, WHAT? Who's your boyfriend then?'' My mum turned around a bit, from the sink, but soon turned back concentrating on washing the dishes, which I assumed to be her breakfast today.

''Jake Blake. You know, the jock.'' Zayden explained to my parents, while waving his hands to be more dramatic. I was now seated opposite Zayden and my dad was sitting next to Zayden. I guess he isn't interested anymore since he was now reading the newspaper.

I don't get why newspapers are so fascinating.

Shut your mouth, I mouthed Zayden. Ugh, he's like a newspaper reporter.

''No.'' He stucked his tongue out at me. Why the heck am I so unlucky to have a brother like this?! Nah, just kidding, he has his good side too. He's well.... kinda protective over me. Like I'm his baby sister. Though, I'm older than him by 2 years.

''Mum, dad, I'm gonna skip breakfast today.'' I stood up, pushing my cereal to the centre of the dining table. I walked towards our small drawer that was filled with car keys. I mean, we only have 3 cars, but dad was afraid that we would lose the keys so he made 3 more extras. So.... we have 9 keys there.

''This is so annoying.'' I whispered under my breath. The sound of the car keys shuffling together was annoying, too. After what, 3 minutes of searching, I finally found my key for my Volkswagen. Yes, it was a birthday gift for my 16th birthday, which had just passed not long ago.

I hurriedly said a quick good-bye to everyone and slammed the door, leaning of the door frame when I was outside. Phew, thank God my parents hadn't asked anything about you know. Jake. I walked swiftly towards my red car, damn, I really enjoyed life.

~*~

I turned on the radio. Only to hear my favourite song on it, Want You Back by Cher Lloyd, damn, her voice is so cute, and she's gorgeous.

Hey, boy you never much game,

Thought I needed to upgrade,

So I went and walked away, way, way,

Now, I see you've been hanging out,

With that other girl in town,

Looking like a pair of clowns, clowns, clowns,

I didn't really know the lyrics for that front part, so I rocked the up coming one. I laughed at my own thoughts, how weird am I.

Remember all the things you and I did first?

And now you're doing them with her,

Remember all the things you and i did first,

You got me, got me, like this,

And now you're taking her to every, restau-rant,

And everywhere we went COME ON!

Okay, I swear I kinda flipped both of my hands up, which means I was off the steering wheel and you know.. the car went to the right a little and I came back to senses when that car honked me. Okay, I was lucky I didn't crashed into that car. I continued to listen to the song, but... no more singing. I was afraid of you know, what happened just now.

I'm just silly like that.

~*~

So, I parked my car at the parking lot and saw at the corner of my eye, Jake was standing at the entrance into the school, which is where I intended to walk later on. I'm just gonna act like I didn't see anything. I came out from my car and walked while looking at my shoes, twirling my hair, taking my phone out to 'check', anything but not making contact with him or the door.

''I see you've been trying very hard not to look.'' Jake said, once I was only a few meters away from him, I looked up at him. Shoot. Plan failed. ''Well, I....'' I had nothing to say, really.

''You look beautiful.'' A smirked crept to his lips. I blushed at his statement. ''Come over here, I don't bite.'' I walked towards him as he held his arm around my shoulder, his warm body immediately sent heat to me.

''So, you do know that today is my first day of detention with... Cole.'' He said while we were walking up the stairs. ''Yeah, so what?'' I looked up at him.

''Aren't you gonna give me a.... detention kiss or something?'' He looked down at me, smirking. ''Well. I don't think that even exists.'' I replied, giving him an innocent look. ''It does now, I've invented it 5 seconds ago.'' The smirk still remained on his face. ''And if I don't?'' I cocked an eyebrow. ''I'll steal it from you.'' He gave me a playful look. ''I'll avoid you then.'' I already know very well that, that wasn't possible.

''Oh really? We'll see how long you can last.'' And winked at me. ''You're the cutest thing ever.'' As I lifted my hand and squeezed his nose. ''I would much prefer being called, hot. Instead of cute, m'lady.''

''No, the only word I can describe you is, cute. Deal with it..'' I said in a baby tone, no idea why I did that.

''Oh we'll see whether I'm cute or not.'' With that, he pulled me to his chest and smirking down at me. I was about the back away but he pulled me back, placing a deep kiss on my lips. His lips syncing with mine, and what felt like only 5 seconds, he pulled back.

''How'd you think of me now?'' 

''Well.... I only know that I had just given you the 'detention kiss' ''  I answered playfully.

''Hell no! It wasn't included! Cheater!''  

I chuckled. ''There's not cheating here'' I tackled his chin as he pouted like kid.

''Such a cutie, you.''

____________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I hope you all like my story so far! If you don't mind would you comment whether you're Team Cole or Team Jake? Please?

If it doesn't trouble you again could you please share this to your friends and vote? Thanks :)

xx.