He took his place beside her, eyes not leaving hers, all through their reflection.

She broke the stare and started her night routine. His room dresser was full of his perfume bottles, she somehow adjusted her things but fitting everything was impossible so it was this basin cabinet for her.

She glanced up and he winked at her playfully, she gaped at him, blush coating her cheeks, crimson would be the color on her face and neck if she looked up to the mirror. She bit her cheeks to stop flaming and to bring them back to normal, which was a really hard task.

He chuckled at her flushed face. 

"Stop laughing at me" she glared hitting his arm.

He laughed harder making her huff. She stomped out and walked straight to her side table. Plugging in her phone and laptop. She gulped the last dose of medicine for a cold that she had acquired being in rain that long.

She thought back to yesterday and then today morning when she woke up in his arms, close and held so tight as if he was afraid she'll leave in the middle of the night. She had stayed in bed until he decided to wake up and greet her with his handsome smile.

He had stolen kisses on her neck before he had let her go for the start of her day, all because she didn't let him anywhere near her fearing the transmission of cold.

She settled on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

He settled behind her, bringing her close to him, a hand holding her waist, spooning and a leg between hers. Cuddling.

"Ira" he called her out softly and she glanced back at him. "Can you let me in?"

She frowned in confusion. He caressed her hair, pecking them as if choosing his words with utter care.

"I want to know about your nightmares Ira. I want to know everything about them. I have seen you restless in sleep, how tied up you're even while sleeping, far from calmness. I want to know the reason for your nightmares, the reason for your lack of sleep. I wish to destroy it. I wish to break the shackles holding you back. Holding your smiles back holding your happiness back." He stared at her, eyes questioning her soul. "What's stopping you, Ira? Who's stopping you?"

Her throat constricted, her stomach flipping as she clutched her eyes shut and saw the series of events flowing past as a movie. She gasped a breath.

His thump drew circles on her arm but it was not calming, It was a constant reminder for her that he was waiting for her to open up, for her to relive the memories and narrate them to him.

"I...I don't want to recall them. Veer, I'm not that strong."  She whispered, blinking back the moisture.

"You are. You are the strongest girl I have ever met. Never say that again." He tightened his hold on her.

"I can't." She denied

"It is fine. You don't have to do it." He said with understanding.

She heard a laced emotion in his voice, something near hurt and distant. She held his palm, intertwining their fingers.

She swallowed her tears back "I'll try but I can't relive it. It brings back everything. Every single thing is so hard on me. I have locked it all and bringing them to you is not easy"

"When you're ready, I'm all ears, Dove. I'm here. Don't force yourself on anything. I'm not going to pester you but I'm here when you need me. Remember this please." He said, kissing her temple. 

Switching the lights he murmured to her  "Go to sleep."

Sleep was hard to find when she felt him awake near her. The light entering through the creaks of the curtain was enough light for her to be comfortable with along with a small glass globe she had found the next day of his return. It was a crystal ball lighting different shades, producing enough light for her to sleep peacefully in.

She knew he brought it for her. She even knew about small things he did for her, she recognized every little effort he made for her.

She wished to tell him, let him be a part of her past just like he did. But all of this was so difficult.  She tried thinking back, all the memories. Good, bad, and worst. All of them came back to her with force, making her heart drop.

"Ira?" He must have noticed the change in her breathing pattern. "Dove, you don't have to think anything. Just breathe please" he rubbed her arms and cupped her face.

"Mishti." She whispered breaking. "Dad used to call me that. He gave me that name but he started calling me that too. Hearing this name n...now makes my skin c...crawl Veer. Dad used to call me with so much l..love and c...a and h...hearing him call me makes me nauseous, I feel disgusted all o...over." 

His hold tightened "Did this man tried to t...touch you inappropriately?" His eyes were blazing.

She blinked the tears letting them cascade down her cheeks, nodding to his question.

"Fucking Bastard" He swore. 

She flinched at the harshness of his curse.

"Shit I'm so sorry, Ira." He took her in his arms, holding her trembling form. "I'm here. I won't let him cross your mind ever again. I'm sorry I asked you to tell me this. I'm so sorry."

She was clinging to him, sitting in his lap as he leaned back at the headboard holding her closer. "He..."

"No Dove. It's fine, you don't have to tell me." He said. "You don't have to talk if you don't want to."

The box was open and it was better if she let him in But only if she will narrate it so strongly. She took his word and kicked the box so far away not wanting to see or think about it anymore.

She kept her head on his chest, snuggling to him as he rubbed her back. She whimpered and he clutched her tight.

"Just ignore the curse, Dove." He said as a disclaimer and she looked up at him blinking "I'll find that fucking excuse of life and ruin him, I'll burn his whole existence, Just tell me a name, Dove. Give me his name" His words held an unspoken promise and she felt like telling him the name then and there.

But something stopped her, it was an invisible string that stopped her to say a name because uttering his name will snatch her sleep for tonight, also it'll involve Veer in her past. Her past will get connected to her present and future and she didn't want that.

Not now, Not ever.

"Dove.."

"I don't want to remember him, Veer. Please" she begged and he closed his eyes harshly as if controlling his rage.

When he opened, he gave her a nod of understanding and settled them both back in bed.

Her head below his, his arms around her, and her palms clutching his t-shirt. Legs entangled and comforter hugging them warm.

"Sleep Ira. I'm here to protect you."

His words were the last thing she heard before succumbing to her exhaustion.

Intense? And they finally kissed! (And did some more :p)