❥ 37. Boketto

Boketto (noun)
The act of gazing vacantly into the distance without a thought

♡♡

The hot and cold behavior of Veer Malik can put the Mumbai climate to shame

The hot and cold behavior of Veer Malik can put the Mumbai climate to shame. The man could transform into a completely different person in seconds if he wished too. One minute he is the carefree, teasing and smiling man, the next he is this cold prude, mocking and smirking. The change was frightening and unnerving for Mahira.

Unnerving because it was hard to keep pace with his Changing demeanor, and frightening because Mahira feared changes.

There was nothing which made her heart drop and eyes blank then change. Be it person, situation even a place. It scared the life out of her.

She was trying to accept his cold persona, trying to break through his shell when as if a switch was flipped and they landed in Jaipur, it was all gone. Now the Veer she was to deal with was this man who loved annoying her, who teased her, smiled more often and laughed so much.

The two days in Jaipur have kept this side of him alive. Always joking, smiling, teasing and these chuckles from him were a regular visitors. There was no trace of the brooding, cold and sarcastic Veer she had encountered at the start of their marriage. She had a hunch if it was work which brought his icy glares, mocking tone and evil smirks as he was faraway from it only acknowledging calls from Danish, that to few to be updated, but then this man was passionate about his job, his word sand actions were proof enough of that.

Then what was it which triggers him to act so different?

Though the question was important to find answer for, but she had another challenge. To keep up with his change of personality because this side was more infuriating than the cold one.

He was wanderer by soul, curios to explore places who can never stay in room. Every minute they have been here, he whisked her around the city, sometimes in search of lame things like a cup of good coffee or an empty box of watch, he said he forgot to bring one for safe storage of his limited edition watch, finding ways to rile her up and making her give up to his demands.

She was more like people who relaxed when no work load hung their shoulders but then she was stuck with him, only thing she could do was give in to his demands of wandering or he would coerce her into giving up. She had no choice but to give up infront of him.

Exploring places wasn't the only thing, his constant need to keep her close, holding her near him and the regular affectionate touches were more harmful for her.

Especially her heart.

He was comfortable intertwining their hands, the fingers seemed to be perfect pieces of a puzzle. The thought entirely send her into a frenzy. Next was his smalls kisses on her forehead and hairs, as if he knew when to lean in and drop a small peck on her forehead. The first few made her blood freeze, sending chills down her spine. The next few weren't so shocking. Now after more than 48 hours of his company and his affection she didn't feel alienated to them. She was convinced this was going nowhere to end. It'll keep going till as and when decided by this son of Malik.