❥ 18. Haimish

Haimish (adjective)
(hey-mish)

Homey, cozy and unpretentious

♡♡

Mahira heaved a deep sigh for the millionth time as the two eyes burned holes in her head

Mahira heaved a deep sigh for the millionth time as the two eyes burned holes in her head. She glanced up a little but the two devil's breathed down her neck. Two pairs of eyes - honey brown and the chocolate narrowed, forehead wrinkled as if they tried to solve world's toughest math problem, they pursed lips inside, twisting at the side, nails tapping on the glass table.

"You mean you have met him total of 6.." Vandita counted on her fingers with a frown.

"7" Sakshi corrected.

"Hush! 7 times in total and you're marrying him ? Seriously Mahi ? I'm dating Barun for more two years..."

" Close to three"

"ahhh! Sakshi stop interrupting. As she so gracefully said we'll have our third anniversary in few months, we spend almost a week together every month. Even I have caught him checking rings, I'm so sure he's going to propose me on our anniversary..."

"Is he ? Why didn't you tell me ?" Sakshi demanded.

Vandita glared ".... coming back to topic I'm still hesitant to introduce him to my grandparents And you went on what one...two dates and you decided you want to marry him ? How can you ?" Her voice raised an octave.

Mahira's eyes widened seeing more attention thrown to them. These two had dragged her out of Spesh the moment the words left her, now she regretted her decision of telling them as almost all of the people in this restaurant sat throwing glares at him every once in a while.

She could have skipped this interrogation if she had just let them know an hour before signing. Mahira scoffed on herself, knowing them they wouldn't have thought twice to gate crash the registrar office and abduct her.

"Earth to Mahi." Vandita snapped her fingers.

"Is he threatening you ?" Sakshi asked like a detective, forming odd theories "Or did you two you know did unprotected...are you pregnant ?"

Mahira coughed out the only sip of water she had. She felt hands rubbing her back as she broke into the fits of coughs, sobering only when her throat felt scratched, burning.

"No" She stated hoarsely "Both the questions No"

"Her reactions says they haven't crossed second base" Vandita observed.

Mahira frowned in confusion but kept the question to herself as Sakshi bobbed her head in agreement.

"If not this then why ?" Sakshi frowned, popping a paneer cube in her mouth munching on it. "Are you in love with him ?"

"Love" Mahira muttered under her breath, as it registered she automatically shook her head denying.

"You told us how you two meet and things escalated to marriage But" Vandita leaned on the table "You didn't said when you met ? How many months ? Because I know you came to Mumbai just 8 months back so don't tell me this was way to back."