ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22

'A letter always seemed to me like immortality because it is the mind alone without corporeal friend.'

-
-Emily Dickinson

--Emily Dickinson

Life is funny.

It throws things at you in the most unexpected way, finding it's humour in the way you react to it. However, sometimes you are the one finding the humour.

The letter held between Alicia's dainty fingers screamed this mere fact. A proud smile tugged at her lips as the pink envelope cascaded down to the floor and she leaned forward on her elbows which were being supported by a small studying table in the deep corner of her room.

She'd excused herself right after Sirius had expressed his great amusement by asking the question 'Who sends letters in a pink envelope?', and as her eyes had taken in the name of the sender of this 'pink enveloped letter sender'.

Her fingers fumbled with the thin piece of paper for a second before her eyes focused on the contents of that letter.

Ms. Elizabeth Johnson,

I believe that you do remember our abrupt introduction in the ministry that day when you'd come to visit Cornelius. I was pleasantly surprised to see a traveller from the USA, let alone a relative of the MACUSA President.

I'd come to know through Cornelius that you'd shown your interest towards a magical tour of London and thinking of that I remembered when I'd offered you a magical tour to Hogwarts : School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

It would be my greatest pleasure to invite you here, at Hogwarts : School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, in hopes of making your magical tour of London truly magical and providing you the chance to witness how perfectly The Ministry of Magic is managing education at this auspicious magic school.

I would be awaiting your letter of arrival in hopes of welcoming you as the High Inquisitor of Hogwarts : School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Dolores Jane Umbridge,
Head of the Improper Use of Magic Office
Senior Undersecretary to the Minister for Magic

The ink spread across that sheet of paper which was curved into elegant letters did a lot to lift up her mood, even dessiscating the worries of Mundungus over-hearing her and Matthew at the Hog's Head that day.

Somehow she felt as if her real journey in the past would be starting from the point she would be stepping foot into Hogwarts.

This invitation made it easier for her to stay close if anything were to happen. And moreover, made it even easier to stop Harry and the kids from going to the ministry that day believing that Sirius had been captured by Voldemort there.