ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18

'A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying'

-B. F. Skinner

We still have time

We still have time.

These were the words, the mantra, that kept repeating in Alicia's mind for the past many days.

Her mood had been horribly bad these days, save for the moments she spoke to Lisa, who had started to take a liking to her and even started opening up to Alicia.

Her tragic failure at the ministry was nagging her headspace repeatedly, let alone the fact that it was completely in the open, but still thankful that no one knows that it was her in the ministry that day.

But every bad thing brings a good one with it. In this case, it was the fact that she was growing closer to the children present in the house, all of them who seemed to enjoy Alicia's company despite her grumpy mood these days.

But out of everyone, Lisa turned out to be the closest to her, maybe due to the fact that Alicia understood her most jokes and references, which were way too advanced for this timeline, which she credited to Alicia's witty mind, unaware of the fact that Alicia, too, belongs to the future; or maybe due to the fact that Alicia was the one searching for Lisa's family, trying her best to help Lisa know her family's lineage, although Alicia had already found her father, but Lisa was unaware of this information, thus, leading to the fifteen-year-old's unbreakable trust in Alicia.

Alicia was completely aware of Lisa's faith in her, but no matter what she thought deep inside, she was determined to keep the truth away from Lisa until she figures everything out completely.

Alicia had always known Lisa, even in her own timeline, albeit not personally, but she was well aware of the lies woven throughout the young-teen's life, because after all she was one of those weaving them.

The innocent teen is not aware of her unchangeable fate, something that Alicia had known from the very beginning and even played a part in bringing it to life.

Lisa always takes her magical arrival to the past as her luck, but unbeknownst to her, she is sent here for a reason, something bigger, something unchangeable, something Alicia knows and is well determined to finish the task she and Lisa is sent for.

Now, it had reached the end of the summer break, meaning that the Hogwarts students will be leaving soon for their respective years, leaving a selfish part of Alicia to wish that at least Lisa continues to stay here.

"Alicia." came Lisa's voice from outside Alicia's room, followed by some hushed voices which made her aware of the fact that some other children had also accompanied her.