ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

'A picture is a secret about a secret, the more it tells you the less you know'

― Diane Arbus

The 'interrogation' with Borgin had gone quite well as he was safely sent back to his shop in the dark shadows of the night, the whole memory of this incident wiped clean of his mind

The 'interrogation' with Borgin had gone quite well as he was safely sent back to his shop in the dark shadows of the night, the whole memory of this incident wiped clean of his mind. New revelations were made and Alicia was quite intrigued to drop the bomb, after the meeting, to Dumbledore.

"Christoper John Parker." stated Alicia, sitting down on a chair in front of Dumbledore as she arrived at his office in the evening.

"Do tell." nodded Dumbledore as she took out a file from her bag and placed it on the table between them.

"He worked in Borgin and Burkes in 1975. Hired by Brukes in early summer. Here you go." she said, passing him a picture of a young man clad in a brown suit standing in front of the shop, Borgin and Burkes, next to Burkes talking to a wealthy pureblood.

He was fairly tall, with brown hair and a clean shaved face adorning his sharp green eyes.

"Quite impressive." mused Dumbledore, observing the picture with an indrecelunous expression.

"He was 18 at that time and at the age of 28 he got married. People say he ran away with his wife and a three year old son after robbing loads of artifacts from Burkes." continued Alicia, "He just vanished for seven years and then suddenly, in 1992, his wife came at Borgin's doorstep with a ten year old kid, pleading for a place to stay and apologising for everything her husband did. Borgin got them a place arranged in the countryside and she worked for sometime at his place."

"What about Christoper? He died?" inquired Dumbledore.

"She never mentioned anything about him." she shook her head, "Whenever Borgin asked her, she just went into a crying fit."

"What about the child? He didn't know anything?"

"He was quite shy. Rarely spoke. And when asked about his father, he just repeats one same line - 'They took him away.' Who are 'they'? No answer." she shrugged exasperatedly.

"Who do you think this 'they' could be?" asked Dumbledore, leaning back in his chair.

"It could be anyone. Christoper had quite good connections within the purebloods even though he wasn't rich. I wonder why his wife was left in that state."

"I believe that you are trying to point towards the fact that he was related to death eaters."

"I dunno. There is no proof."

"There is still a chance."

"Fifty-fifty"

"Anything else?"

"Of course, the most important thing." sighed Alicia, "Christoper's son, Steve Parker, he studies in Hogwarts. Third year."

She pulled out another photograph and handed it to him.