Chapter 33

Zhang Jin and Lou Xiao hadn't seen each other since the last dumpling full moon drink, so when I received a message from Lou Xiao that they were going to bring my mother and father over to have a look, I was a little caught off guard.

    The guy who came to get the pork jerky took Lou Xiao's message and left, leaving Zhang Jin to think about what to prepare. Lou Xiao's mother and father must have seen a lot of great things in the world. Apart from this, they cannot be neglected just because of their friendship with Lou Xiao and Li Mingyin. What's more, this is their first time here. So these days, Zhang Jin and Yuan Hong have discussed how to prepare.

    Two days later, three luxurious carriages slowly drove into the mountains. As mentioned above, Yuan Hong’s ancestors were very wealthy squires of this generation. At the time, the house was the most stylish in the neighborhood. The road was well repaired at the beginning, and it was still intact at this time, so no matter how big the carriage was, it went up the mountain. Also no problem.

    Seeing the gradually approaching carriage at home, Yuan Bo immediately informed Yuan Hong and Zhang Jin of the incident, and the two then came to the gate to greet the distinguished guests.

    The three carriages stopped at the gate, and a servant respectfully came to the carriage in the middle, and carefully helped the people inside out.

    First Lou Xiao came down from inside, and then Lou Xiao's mother and father also appeared.

    "You go down, I can come." Lou Xiao said to the servant beside him.

    "Yes, young master." The servant stepped back respectfully.

    The people who came this time were less than one-fifth of the people who met at Lou Xiao's house. Butler Xu followed, along with three housekeepers and four guards, and of course Li Mingyin also came.

    "Mrs Lou, welcome to the humble house." Zhang Jin stepped forward.

    Mrs. Lou smiled and said softly, "I think you are Zhang Jin, I heard Xiao Er mention you many times, you are really a good boy."

    "My mother and father have been in the town for a long time, I am afraid that he will panic because of boredom. Bring him to see you. I heard you say that you live in the mountains, I wanted to come and have a look a long time ago. " Lou Xiao said next to his mother and father.

    "I'm bothering you today. Xiao Er said that you are more than five months pregnant, so I specially brought some supplements for you, and I'm afraid that I will go back to Beijing before the newborn is born, so I will give this gift to his mother first. Father keeps it." Mrs. Lou took out a delicately carved jade pendant from her sleeve and handed it to Zhang Jin.

    Anyone with a discerning eye can see that this jade pendant has a very good water head and must be of great value. Zhang Jin refused to accept it.

    "Oh, I told you to take it! Don't mother-in-law or mother-in-law! These things are what mother and father need most." Lou Xiao shoved the jade pendant into Zhang Jin's hand.

    "You must accept it. This is my little wish for the child." Mrs. Lou's tone was gentle.

    Zhang Jin had no choice but to nod, "Thank you, Madam."

    This season was the time when plants were flourishing, and the fence in the yard was covered with vines. The seeds that Yuan Hong and Zhang Jin sowed under the fence had already taken root and sprouted, beans, bitter gourd and pumpkin. The vine leaves occupy the entire fence, and the white-yellow flowers are faintly visible, and some have grown fruit.