“Some are a mystery…” Gyomei.

“And a few have a natural way with the sword, and become a hashira in two months.” Muichiro.

His expression suddenly contorted in anger, as he exclaimed : “So I'm chosen? Gimme a break! You have no clue how much I've lost over the years!”

“Uuuuugh! Then how do you explain it?! Why haven't you died yet? My blood sickles are poisonous, but no matter how long I wait, you don't feel any effects! What's going on?”

“I'm from a family of Shinobi. I've built up a resistance to poison.”

“They died out in the edo period! Enough lies!”

'It's no lie. Shinobi still exist. I had nine siblings. By the time I was 15, seven were dead.

My father was afraid the clan was doomed, so he forced us all through intense training. The only survivors were me and my younger brother.

My little brother was just like my father, he was just as cold and heartless. Minions were expendable, and his wife was just for making babies, he had no respect for others, he was stubborn and cold.

… I could never be like that.'

Tengen…the path you choose is a hard one, it is hard to reject the values you learn as a child. You must always fight yourself, at the same time that you're fighting on the field of battle. But in spite of your many inner conflicts and contradictions, I trust you to always fight for me and to protect innocent lives, thank you Tengen. You're a wonderful child.

He could still hear the words from Ubuyashiki echoing in his mind.

'Master, is it I who am thankful to you. You showed me something worth risking my life for. Doing so is merely a matter of course. People who struggle with their inner conflict are foolish weaklings, I see what must be done, and I do it.'

“Hey! You! Hey!” Gyutaro serious face suddenly started to change to a laughing one, as he finally noticed what was going on. “Hee hee! Hee hee hee! That poison's working after all, isn't it? It's just taking effect very slowly, you almost bluffed me into thinking that it wasn't!”

“No. It's not working at all. Shall we dance? I'm in peak condition. I could dance and sing and eat a dozen bowls of tempura right now- With style!”

He quickly got close to Gyutaro, spinning his dual blades as Daki kept shielding him from his attacks with her obi, he then suddenly kicks the girl, throwing her into the air.

“Nobody kicks my sister!” Gyutaro takes out his sickle, “You scum!” Daki exclaims, also making her worm-obi go in his direction.

In response, he threw several of his explosive marbles into the hair, Daki obi accidentally cutting one of them and occasioning a big explosion. “Gyaaaah!”

'Those beads explode with enough force to hurt demons, and they go off at the slightest impact, her obi accidentally cut one, she always gets hit first!' 

Gyutaro thought in annoyance as he looked at his sister, he didn't have time to think more, as a blade suddenly got dangerously close to his neck.

'The blade can stretch…?' He thought in shock as he looked at Uzui, surprised to see that he was actually holding the other sword connect to it by the blade, so it could get close to his neck. 'But he's holding it by the blade! What an insane grip!'

Gyutaro used one of his sickles to defend from the attack, looking in shock at the small cut in his neck, he was so close to succeed in cutting his head.