Welcoming Party

TAKEN FROM ARKNIGHTS: LOGISTICS' PROLOGUE.

7:13 am, Lungmen, Sunset Boulevard, "The Ends of the Earth" lounge

Memories are fuzzy.

I laid flat on the couch, still a little dizzy from partying all night long.

Everyone is still asleep, huh. 4 million Lungmen dollars, what in the world did they spend just to keep one guy alive? Though I fondly remember that they said something during that party about this...

??:??, Lungmen, Sunset Boulevard, "The Ends of the Earth" lounge

I caught the booze in my arms.

"One moment you're radiating murderous intent, now you're treating me to 3 bottles of booze?"

"TURN ON THE MUSIC!" The emperor penguin yelled out to one of his employees. Without skipping a beat, they played some jazz.

"You guys are... Unpredictable, at best. And jazz? Seriously?" I struggled to face reality.

"RULE ONE, PARTY ALL DAY N' NIGHT." He spouted out, quickly shoving an entire bottle of wine into his beak.

"Wb't it smtng ese?" The local apple pie enthusiast tried to speak with her mouth full of said food.

"Sallow, then talk." Texas looked at her with a disappointed face at best.

"Anyone wants some gum? Got em' cheap from the store!" Croissant asked us all.

"Are you sure it's not the one you gave to Bison last time?" Sora lightened up the mood again to add to the cheery atmosphere.

All of them laughed, except for the grumpy penguin who was drunk as hell and me, who doesn't even understand this insider joke. I can't bring myself to relax yet. Not in my current situation. Who can I contact? Who can I trust? Why am I asking myself these many questions? Am I overthinking? Am I insa-

"Oh, have we properly introduced ourselves?" The idol asked me.

"Uh." I stuttered a bit, she completely threw me off the rails. "Kind of. Your conversations already reveal your names and somewhat personality."

"So you're on the analytic side of things huh?"

"When everything's out to kill you."

"Chill and relax! Ya safe in the baws' bar." Croissant replied to my grim response.

I nervously laughed.

"So, you gonna drink up?" The bright angel leaned onto my couch with her apple pie finally swallowed.

The booze was placed on the table instead as I shook my head.

"Not a drinker. Soda will do."

"What did you do while you were in Rhodes Island?" Texas brought up another question that could in interpreted as curiosity or just general interrogation.

My hands materialized a grey can. Its shadow being cast over the red couch.

Trying my best to avoid that bullet, my mind raced to find a bad excuse.

"Rhodes Island stuff."

I ripped off the lid by force and poured in soda with the tip of my fingers.

"A bit more specific."

"Guarding something."

All while the others watched in awe.

"Woah! Soda that doesn't cost $15?" Exusiai widened her eyes. Her pupils stared straight at the soda.