The mysterious boy

Start from the beginning

"Don't try to change the topic, I know those tricks. Don't avoid the elephant in the room only because you feel uncomfortable." he brought the conversation back to his interest but the girl rested her gaze elsewhere but his eyes.

She was too afraid, too scared to let him know the truth. Her dark past and insecurities. To bare her soul in front of him without the cover of 'Elga's' protection and security. They liked Elga. They wanted Elga, not the unknown her.

He was her only salvation though. He shared the same sad past with her and she knew TDWL would understand her. They could talk about how lonely it was when the whole world was against them, and maybe share their fears when they had to sleep alone on the woods with the wild wolves howling above their heads, or even the dreams they wished to come true when they thought they would die from hypothermia.

The girl lifted her head to look at Law who stood in front of her.

She knew the boy was living longer than her on this town so probably he knew something more about the mysterious TDWL. Maybe he was even a friend of his.

Well he is willed to help her, right?

"Uhm, you see..." she started to speak and Law waited patiently for her to continue with anticipation.

He was very eager to finally learn what was going on inside Elga's mind and also anxious to see if it had to do with his attitude of those past few days towards her.

"Is there any other medical staff on this island? Or is it just us?"

This response wasn't quite what the boy expected to hear but maybe if he continued this conversation it could lead somewhere.

"From what I know, no we are the only clinic on this island as it is a small one and there are not many citizens. So there must not be other doctors or nurses around." he answered. "Why do you ask?"

"And are there any other people of our age?" the brunette asked again avoiding his own question.

"Pleasure town is the biggest town on Swallow Island which has a school and many job opportunities so most people of our age live or work here. Do you search for something or someone?" he asked again feeling a tight knot been created on his gut.

"Ah yeah... I am actually searching for this boy I used to know. His name is everywhere behind every library's book so I think he lives here." she honestly replied.

Law's stomach twisted uncomfortably as the knot broke and a wave of uneasiness and anxiety overwhelmed him.

Did she have her memories back and remembered she had another person on mind? *No Law you have to come to your senses! Maybe he is a relative!*

"Is he a family member perhaps?"

"No we are not related but he is someone dear to me that helped me get through life when I was on my worse."

"Tsk, and I thought that was me..." Law commented in a teasing tone to hide his inner irritation.

Elga just rolled her eyes on him and a slight smirk was placed on her lips something that made the boy's heart flatter from satisfaction.

Oh how he adored it when she smiled for something he said or even for him. His stubborn butt wouldn't admit he missed this kind of reaction on her face but he did.

"So that means you regained your memories?"

"Well I guess a part of them. I still don't remember much..." Elga replied, praying the boy don't continue the conversation as she wasn't feeling ready yet to share her past with him.