It was always HER.....

Third person's POV

It has been 2 weeks they all spend time together on Lily's birthday. Everything was fine...just fine.... 

.......Well not fine actually. It was all messed up....

In office, Jenny was as usual busy with renewal of few contracts and Ethan was busy with his day-to-day work and meetings. Alice was also busy helping Ethan. But her mind was not at peace. Nate was acting weird from last few days. He was always coming late and giving her excuses like he was busy, had meeting and blah blah. And she heard that his school time girlfriend is in town. And you know what.... He forgot to tell her that. Lily just spilled the beans in front of Marina and Alice heard that. Today she really made up her mind and decided to pay him a surprise visit during lunch time without telling Ethan or Jenny. She made some excuse and left office.

Right now it's 3 and no sign of Alice. Jenny got worried and called her, but it went to voice mail. She left her a message and asked to call back asap.

Suddenly her work phone buzzed. It was Ethan and he asked her to come to his office. At the same time she got a message from Alice that she will call her back in the evening and also asked her to help Ethan.

When she entered in his office, she saw a very apprehensive Ethan, pacing here and there. I wondered what happen. When he saw her, he took 2 long stride and stand in front of her.

"Alice is not here." He stated the obvious ...duhhh

"I know." Jenny said.

"She was supposed to be back by 2. But she is not here and she messaged me that she will not be coming."

"Okay.......Is there anything important you want me to help you with?"

"Well.... Yeah....I don't know how to tell you but...." He took a good 10 second pause and said... " I have Astraphobia"

Ass....what?

Boom.... suddenly lightning struck outside with a loud boom and she felt a very large figure clinging to her. Guess WHO.... Now she knows that Asss-whatever is a fear of thunder.

All mighty Ethan Enderson fears thunder....

Wait... he was still clinging to her. Jenny looked at him ... his eyes were closed, he was holding her shoulders with his both hands and his right legs was wrapped around the her... he was looking so cute and funny too. She tried hard but a soft giggle erupt from her throat.

Ethan came to his senses and released her. He cleared his throat and said.... "As you can see that I am scared of Thunder. I...I need your help. Alice is not there to hold my hand...."

She bite her inner cheek hard to control her laughter. "okay. I will help you. Tell me what to do."

"Just stay here with me till this is over."

"Okay."

They sat on a sofa in his office. He holds her hand and she let him do that. They started talking about random stuff about office, contract, Nate, Ed and about others. Don't know how and when he removed his suit jacket, put a cushion in her lap and dozed off.....

He was looking so cute with a soft frown on his forehead while sleeping....and sexy too in his crisp white shirt. His muscles were bulging out. He was laying on his back. Without thinking Jenny put her hand on his chest, to the left side to feel his heartbeat. It was steady and it did something to her heart too. Jenny smiled and started writing random word on his chest with her finger. She wrote Ethan, office, name of few companies with whom they were renewing contracts. Then she wrote Jenny, Mine and I LOV.... She flinched, pulled back her hand, her smiled turned into a horror.