Selfish...??? Am I..?

Third person's POV

"Yeah we did. Actually I kissed her but she kissed me back... and..."

Jenny was slient....she was just staring at Noah

"I am sorry Jenny...but I just ... I do not know what came over me. It will not happen again. I am really sorry to mess up things for you.....But I don't think she is gonna let anyone know bout it. I mean....it just...I am just ..."

"Do you like her....?"

"Huh..."Noah was shocked by her question is an understatement. He was just looking at Jenny with widen eyes.

"I asked a simple question Noah....DO YOU LIKE LILY?" ... Jenny repeated her question...

"I....I ... I guess.. I am not sure. I don't know" ...he paused for few seconds..."but it just does not matter any more."

"Any why so?"

"She pushed me..."

"What...????"

"Lily pushed me and said it was all just a mistake. As per her I am your boyfriend and I should not kiss her. She should not betray her friend." Noah told her...his voice was hoarse as if he was in so much pain

Jenny's eyes were soften... "but you like her.... Right..???"

Noah sighed ..."I guess I am...but it does not matter. She doesn't like me and I don't know...it's just that... with you and Ethan.... I cant just let this happen. I was stupid to kiss her...she was right...it was just a mistake."

"But Noah..."

"Just leave it Jenny.. I don't wanna talk about it... just let it go..."

"But Noah... you..."

"Just LET IT GO JENNY....FOR ONCE ...Please just LET IT GO...god help me...you are so annoying sometimes".... And with that Noah just went out and slam the door... maybe too hard.

Jenny was shocked with his outburst. She saw him leaving. Her mind was a whirlwind.

Jenny sat on her couch and thinking about all the events which happened during last couple of months.

Do I really need to just let it go..It's been 7 years. We all are grown up. Ethan did not do anything to hurt me and here I am...holding onto grudges. My brother and best friend liked each other but cant be together because of me. They cannot confess their feeling to each other just because of me. Because of my stupid feelings for Ethan. Noah is right ...I should just let it go. I already created so much mess around me and drag others in it too. I should just let it go and put others out of misery. Atleast Noah and Lily can be happy...but how.... How can I make it right...???HOW

At Nate's penthouse

"We were all just playing under waterfall. You were busy with Alice and Ed was with Marina. Me and Noah were talking...one thing let to another and he kissed me...but the problem is that I kissed him back..."

"I just don't think it is a problem"....Ethan voice was too chirpy...

"You see....you just need to tell Jenny that Noah kissed you. Just make her realized that Noah is not what she thinks he is. Make her realized that he is not good enou..."

"Just Shut up Ethan. Why are you being so selfish. Noah is not a bad guy. He just made a mistake and I kissed him back too. We realized and it's all over now. I cant just tell Jenny... she ...she is my best friend. I cant just do that to her...to them...they are good...happy together." she whispered the last part...mostly to herself. 

"Are you serious right now Lily. This is my chance to get her back. You all wanted to help me and now when you have a chance, you are backing out." Ethan was furious right now.

"I AM serious Ethan. You are the one who is not thinking logically. You are being selfish. Do you know why she is my best friend???....there was a silence and she continued after few seconds... ...."because when I was a chubby little girl who got bullied by others; she was the only one who stood up for me and punched Bella."

"What??...Ed shouted...."you were bullied..."

"That's not a point right now..."

"Yes IT IS..." Ethan yelled at her. "You never told us Bella or any other girl bullied you...and ..." he just paused and yelled again... "And Jenny thought that I kissed Bella..."he closed his eyes...he was clenching and unclenching his hands..."I was so stupid...."

Nate interrupted... "but why didn't you tell us Lily?"

Lily sighed ..." I thought I can handle it....I thought it is just a phase and will be over. But Jen stood up for me and made me realize that it is not okay and I should not tolerate all that crap..."

"But Now what"....Alice asked. 

"No idea" Ethan said. All of them were silent...

Lily huffed and said "You remember Ethan...you told me that I will understand your pain someday when I will fell for a guy and the same guy will be boyfriend of someone known to me. when I have to face the reality on daily basis.... ... your wish just came true..."

Ethan was feeling so guilty right now.... He wanted to say something but nothing came out of his mouth. Simply nothing. 

What you Think guys?? .... Are they being selfish right now... is it too much for Jenny just to wish not be hurt again or she is hurting herself by ignoring her feelings. 

Sorry for a very short chapter... I will be back with an update soon

Please vote and comment.