Chapter 8: happily ever afters dont end after midnight

After they are brought to the castle, Emma and Ruby dress in proper attire for dinner with the queen.
"I still don't think this is real!" Ruby screeches.
"Well believe it!!" Emma smiles as she clips the swan necklace back on.
They get a whole wardrobe of dresses and shoes even jewelry. It's almost a dream.
Red chooses a blue strapless dress and silver heels.
Emma chooses a purple dress with long sleeves that ruffle out at the ends and a dark Violet pair of heels to go with it.
They both leave their hair down and Red doesn't wear her hood this time.
Not full moon.
When dressed and ready they go to the dining hall where Killian and Liam are.
"You two look lovely." Liam smiles and Killian stands guiding Emma to her spot as Liam does for Red.
He pulls her chair back for her which makes her giggle.
"Oh what a gentlemen." She laughs.
"I've always been a gentlemen love." He grins making Emma Shake her head.
"You are unbelievable." She comments sitting down.
Ruby and Liam Shake their heads giggling at them.
They talk and laugh for awhile before the Queen enters.
We all turn when the door opens and the queen walks in looking gorgeous, wearing a beautiful gold dress, hair in a knot with her crown sitting on top. Her smile brightening the room even more than it already has. Blue eyes sparkling.
Everyone stands bowing or curtsying to her. She nods her head respectfully then sits down with the rest of us.
"You two must be Ruby and Emma." She says softly.
"Yes we are, your majesty." Emma says.
"Oh no don't call me that. Rebecca sounds perfect." She laughs and they both nod their heads.
"Okay so it's lovely to meet you too! Liam and Killy have been talking about you too none stop until they met you too." She giggles.
"Killy?" Emma whispers into his ear and he glares at her. Which makes her laugh.
"So where are you too from?"
"I'm Cora Mills stepdaughter." Emma explains saddened.
"Oh what happened to your father?"
"Umm... He passed away after he married Cora due to an arranged marriage after my mother umm died.." She croaks.
"I'm so sorry Emma." She whispers.
"It's alright. I'm here now. I found my happiness." Emma says looking at Killian.
A smile appears on everyone's faces and everything seems better, happier.
"How about you, Ruby?"
"Call me Red!" She exclaims and the queen nods. "My parents were wolves like myself and they gave me up to Granny since they wanted me to be safe. They were being tracked down and they didn't want their newborn to die."
"Oh. Who's your parents?"
"Melanie and Callum. They were rulers of the wolffish kingdom down south so I'm not a complete and total peasant." Ruby laughs.
"Oh so you are a princess?" Liam asks curiously.
"Yes I am. But not many know that." Ruby says. Liam grabs her hand and kisses the knuckles like last time.
"Emma?" Killian asks.
"Yes?"
"Who were your parents if I may ask?" He asks kindly and carefully.
Trying not to cross some line.
"Snow White and David Nolan." She says sadly.
"Wait!! Your Snow and David's kid?" Liam asks eyes wide.
"Yes why?" She says and everyone's but Ruby's and Emma's mouths drop and eyes grow wide.
"Your your a princess." Killian says shocked.
"Me? Wait what?" Emma says shocked herself.
Why? what? how?
"Emma darling, Snow White is a queen of a far kingdom of Atoria. I went to the wedding long ago of David and Snow." Rebecca says carefully.
Her eyes widen and mouth drops to the ground.
"If you haven't noticed but this kingdom is one of the highest and most powerful of all the realms. Your parents disappeared long ago actually a week after their wedding. The kingdom is now serving over King George."
"Really?! I am a princess?! A princess?!" Emma yells.
"Emma calm down.." Red says touching her arm.
"I can't!! All this time I was being beat and told off by these people when really I should be living in a castle like you!!" Emma says loudly, trying her hardest to take in this situation.
She drops her head in her hands.
Why? Why couldn't they have told her?
"I'm sorry Emma." Killian whispers rubbing her shoulder.
"You know I hate it when people say that right?" Emma asks standing from the table. "May I be excused?"
Rebeca nods her head politely and Emma runs out.
---
How come she never knew?!
She groans pushing the palms of her hands in her eyes like usual as she sits on a bench in the garden.
She rub her hand up her face and into her hair, eyes darting up to the sky.
"Why didn't you tell me?" She whispers a single tear rolling down her cheek.
She unclips the swan necklace and stares at it. Circling over it with her thumb, tapping the Ruby.
A crunch of leaves startle her and she looks up.
"Oh hi." She says as Killian sits next to her.
"Emma? You okay?" He asks.
"Do I look like it?" She asks staring at his big blue eyes.
Why are they so blue?
"I'm sorry. Dumb question." He mutters staring down.
She lifts his chin and looks again into his eyes.
"Don't be. You are here for me and I'm sorry for being harsh. It's just way to Much to take in you know?" She says.
"Aye." He simply says.
He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a sheet of Blue paper. He hands it to her and she flips it in her hand.
"What is it?" She whispers.
"My mother was given it. It's from your parents. They told her why they are running away and umm not to tell anyone." He stutters.
She nods opening it, she pulls out a sheet of paper and begins reading.
'Dearest Rebecca,
David and I are starting over and running away from the kingdom.
Yes it's a lot to take in but for myself, David's and our child's safety please please Rebecca, don't speak a word about us.
Since George blackmailed us and told us to leave or he will kill us and our child, we had no other choice but to do as he says.
We gave everyone a memory potion so no one will remember our existence, please don't make me give it to.
So don't breath a word, Rebecca or I would have no choice.
I love you Rebecca! Thanks for being there for me as a sister I never had!
Love,
Snow White'
A cry escape her and she sobs.
Killian takes her into his arms and she cries into his chest.
They did it for her... They exchanged their lives for her...
He holds her until she stops crying so they sit like that for a long time.
-------------------
Authors note:
So their you have it! So now you know where Emma and Ruby are from and what happened to their families!
I hope you liked it but more is to come!!
Thanks for reading!!!!!