Chapter 4: stressful days

"Okay so you two will wait a top the stairs waiting for your name to be announced. When it is walk down the stairs and make your way to your throne." Belle explains using hand motions and gestures.
He holds back a yawn and tries to contain his wondering thoughts.
He looks over at Liam who looks just as bored as himself but he is paying way better attention than Killian is.
A clap of her hands snap his attention back.
"Killian!!" She says glaring. "Are you paying any attention?"
"If I'm completely honest, kinda.." He sighs and Belle rolls her eyes.
Liam hits his arm and he groans. "I'm sorry Belle. I'll focus better."
She nods and then continues.
The rest of the time, Belle explains how the entire masquerade is to be held with this following that and who is doing this at this time.
By the time everything is finished and taught, Liam and Killian are dismissed.
Liam goes off to doing who knows what and he decides to visit a Swan.
he walks along the path to the stables and he walks inside.
His eyebrows furrow when he sees no blond locks of hair or green emerald eyes.
Hmm? That's odd. He knew she would be here today at this hour. What happened?
Maybe tomorrow? Wait why is he so worked up about this? He barely knows her.
Whatever if she can't make it in then she can't.
He sighs and walks back into the castle.
Of course Liam bugs him about his sulking but he can't help it, Emma is literally who knows where.
So he distracts his thoughts with a ride through the forest and another visit with Robin.
The entire day goes by within a blur and leaves him thinking about going to her little manor. Robin told him where it is and the joys of Cora Mills.
His thoughts rumble and he just sighs.
"Let's go!" He yells and his horse runs off in the direction of Emma's home.
----
That next morning of that awful night, she is awoken extra early--6 o'clock to be bloody exact-- and is forced to make breakfast--which of course she isn't a loud a bite-- clean the mantle, sew her stepsisters dresses, do their hair and lastly prepare the carriage for the ball.
"I hate my life." She mutters as she coughs on dust from the mantle.
She dusts away as Regina walks in --well stomps in-- laughing at her.
"What is it Regina?" Emma groans and reaches for another rag.
Regina snatches it away and waves it in the air.
"You have something on your face there." She spits and points to her forehead.
"Well can I have a rag so I can clean it up!" Emma hisses and Regina laughs.
"Nice try! You are not getting this so fast!" Regina waves the rag in the air. "So tell me, where were you yesterday which caused you to be after curfew?"
"Do I have to answer that?" Emma mutters and she glares holding the rag higher. With a sigh, she explains that she visited Elsa and she got caught up talking with her.
"Seriously?! You were late cause you were talking with the snow freak?" Regina laughs throwing the rag at Emma's face.
"It's very sad you know? Seeing you be with weirdos like yourself and wasting you free time away." Regina smirks stepping on Emma's skirt.
"Hey!" Emma hisses and Regina laughs stomping on it again causing Emma to wince. She pulls her hair and laughs.
"You have such pretty hair that's wasted upon an ugly hag that's unwanted!" Regina laughs then drops her.
Emma's eyes flutter closed and Regina's laugh fill the air as she leaves the room. A cry escapes her and she shakes if off. Pushing the palms of her hands into her eyes.
She bites on her lip then glares at the entrance of which Regina came from then cleans some more.
When she finds a necklace buried deep in ash she stares at it in confusion.
It's a Swan diamond with a red Ruby as the eye. A smile spreads across her lips and she shoves it in her pocket of her ratty old skirt.
Must have been her actual mothers.
She hums her mothers tune as she wipes down the plate form of the mantle.
Memories of her mother keep her going and that necklace will make that will power stronger.
The sound of the door bell rings and she stands, rushing over to answer it.
She slowly opens the door, wiping her forehead with a rag and to her surprise she sees Killian...
"Aye!" He greets. "May I come in?" He asks.
"Umm... Hi... Sure..." She says opening the door wider for him to walk in.
He does and looks around the room.
"So your highness, what brings you here to the mills Residence?" She asks in a whispers.
"One I told you to call me Killian. Two you said you were coming to work in the stables, what happened and lastly why are you whispering?" He asks tapping her nose.
"Well Killian, things came up and yeah couldn't make it. I'll start up work in two weeks." She whispers. "Lastly stepfamily upstairs."
"Well Emma why don't you explain to me the real reason why, outside of your home? Like your backyard?" He suggests and she nods.
They walk along the small garden paths of the manor and his smile makes the peddles brighter.
"So are you going to explain?" He asks.
"Aye aye!" She laughs trying to mock his accent.
"I'm touched, love but you would think you would get the accent right by now." He chuckles and she rolls her eyes.
Emma explains everything that happened within the past twenty four hours and his sigh and "oh" makes her sadder.
"I'm so sorry Emma." He whispers and she sighs.
"It's no your fault Killian. So please don't say that." She croaks.
Ever since her parents died, she hated people that said I'm so sorry, Emma. It's not their fault nor it's anyone's fault other than Cora's. It's useless to try and give her sympathy.
"Alright. Is there anything I could do?" He whispers and she looks up at him in confusion. "What?"
"No one is ever willing to help me like ever. Why would you?"
"I don't know Emma. I just don't like seeing you suffer." He whispers.
They stopped in their tracks and now are staring at each other.
"Then I have no clue Killian."
"How about a bit of advice? Just go to the masquerade anyways. Sneak out. Get your friends to help. No one will recognize you and who knows, this ball might change your life." He smiles.
Hmm? Not a bad idea. She has to just be home before them.
"Okay." She smirks and that grin appears on his face.
"Well, see you at the ball then." He says and then walks back to his horse. "Great seeing you Emma."
She wave goodbye then walks back inside. She can't help but not smile.
---
She is going to the masquerade!! He smiles like a freak walking around the kingdom. She is actually going to go!!
He tells his mother and everyone's mood grows.
The kingdom is almost prepared for the ball which is held tomorrow.
The ballroom is decorated and many suitors have arrived.
"Killian!!" A strong small voice peeps and he turns around.
"Ariel!!" He smiles and brings her into an embrace. "Great to see you!!"
"Yeah! How are you Killy?" Ariel asks patting him on his shoulder, red locks flowing down her shoulder.
Ariel is Killian's and Liam's godmother. Their mother and Ariel were actually best friends. Mother saved her when the Evil Queen stole her voice.
"Alright." He says. "Come on, mother would love to see you!!"
He guides her through the corridors to the grand ballroom where his mother is barking orders.
"Rebeca!!" Ariel yells running up to the queen.
"Ariel!!" She says smiling hugging her tight. "I'm glad you came!! Killian, Liam is waiting in the painting room."
He nods and goes up to the room.
---
"Shhh!!!!" Emma demands as Elsa climbs up to her window.
Once Elsa is inside she flashes the dresses in too. Ten dresses fall onto her bed an she smiles.
Elsa hand her two dresses of which are purple and doesn't really suit her.
Emma shakes her head and Elsa nods then hands her blue, pink, even orange dresses all of which don't work.
"Elsa I'll just wear one of these.." Emma trails off as Elsa hands her a beautiful red dress with silver embedded across the waist and a neck-line that connects at the sternum. The skirt flows out and hides her feet.
"I love it Els!!" Emma smiles and takes the dress. "It's perfect!!"
"I knew you would like this one! It's never been me but Ive always known it was perfect for you!" Elsa smiles and Emma hugs her tight.
"Now what are you wearing?" Emma asks wiggling her brow.
"My usual dress." Elsa mutters and Emma glares. "What? It's me!"
Emma hums and pushes the dress far in her closet so no one can find it. She points to the dresses and Elsa nods. A white flash flashes over the dresses then the next second it's gone.
"Okay I'll see you tomorrow at the ball. I'll send for a carriage to pick you guys up." She smile then flashes herself out before Emma could intervene.
Tomorrow will change her life! It will!
------
Authors note: extra long chapter for you guys!! Thanks for reading!!