ᴀ ʜᴇʟᴘɪɴɢ ʜᴀɴᴅ (PART TWO)

AN: Incase you guys are confused, in the series the butler's name is
Roft, and "Father's" name is Gustav, so try not to mix them when you read! :) )))

AN: Incase you guys are confused, in the series the butler's name is Roft, and "Father's" name is Gustav, so try not to mix them when you read! :) )))

My heart started beating faster just as we entered

My heart started beating faster just as we entered.. not out of joyfulness, but out of fear.
I wouldn't be exaggerating if i said
i could've gotten a panic attack
just by looking at that man i did not see as family, but as a threat..

Being watched everyday made me to develope some symptoms of anxiety, Causing me to collapse under the pressure of committing a simple mistake.
For gods sakes.. i can't even look at my own reflection without fearing there might be imperfections around me..!
I really am ridiculous, aren't i....?
Even so.. it's my duty to hide it, or else people would take me out to be nothing else than a coward.
Father and Roft were standing by the entry way, just as usual..
They always do so once we come from the music conservatory to inspect us, checking if we brought anything in from the outside..
Which me being me.. they easily found me out one time with a piece of junk i was carrying for my mock city..
it was a tiny little piece of wood.. which would've been perfect for a small market place building a few blocks away..
To this day im still in despair they made me get rid of it, i haven't been able to find a piece like that ever since...

I greeted them with a courtesy, bowing my head down just as i saw them, Lydia doing so too.
"Good afternoon Father.. Good afternoon Roft." We both said in unison.
"Good after Sebastian, Lydia.." He looked down at us with a stern look, almost with the exact expression i had given to that random girl earlier..
"I hope you did an exceptional job today... Dinner will be ready soon.
If you failed your duty to improve, you will be sent to your room with nothing to eat." He disclosed.
We both nodded our heads in agreement, nothing new father hadn't done before.
Unlucky for me, seems like I'll be going to my room without anything to eat, already knowing Lydia was going to disclose what had happened earlier to him...
Roft instantly started to examine us... looking for the slightest mess up in our hair or in our clothes.. maybe a small stain of sweat, dirt, food.
"They seem clear Sir Gustav" The butler assured to father, as he gave one last look before heading back to the kitchen.
Father nodded his head, walking away slowly with his hands behind his back.. not interested in paying attention to us, or even looking at us anymore... like if we were merely nothing else than some pets now..
Just like that.. he was gone...
I always knew to myself this was where Lydia learned to be so cold.. following father's footsteps one by one...

"Father.. may i speak with you" Lydia called out to him, just as he opened the golden fancy silver door that led out to our main hall.
He turned his head, instantly glaring at me with a sick eye.. knowing this was most definitely about me, concidering that's the same phrase Lydia uses everytime when she tells him something against me.
"Yes Lydia.. follow me" he said turning away again,
Not even catching a few seconds to stare at his own daughter's eyes..

I always felt bad for her...
She may be the "perfect little daughter".. but as much as she accomplishes father's expectations, she never gets the affection she requires...
Lydia followed behind him with crossed arms and an unpleased expression, the same look she always has...
i stared as she walked away with him, my heart filled with betrayal...
i really hadn't done anything wrong this time.. this was undoubtedly unfair!

"Sebastian..." he called out to me just as he was entering the other room, his back facing me..

"Yes.. father..?"

"Go get ready for your violin lessons... were doing some additional classes judging by your actions today...."

And with that, he shut the door with a loud thump... making my heart beat faster with fear..
I was alone... again...

"..."

.
.

Slap

.
.
.
.
.
.

Slap

.
.
.
.
.
.
SLAP
.
.
.
.
.
.
SLAP
.
.
.
"GUH!"
I could feel the newly-made blood drip from my red-stained arm, as my ears endured the sharp pain of father's shouts.

"YOU DARE MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE SLOBS!? THE WEAK MINDED??? THE ONE'S WHO'S LIVES ARE A BARE MINIMUM TO SOCIETY!?"

His words echoed across the room,
Along with his intense stare that could be felt all across my being...
I dared not to flinch, knowing he would hold that against me...
The sound of glass shattering quickly caught my attention, as i saw his tall figure smash his whiskey glass down onto the ground in a rage,
Him not giving a care about it... but looking down at me..

I never admit to this often since i want to be seen as a man and not a witty weakling...
But he horrifies me...
There hasn't been one time I've felt safe around him...
Even when i manage to accomplish something he pleases, all my mind can think about what the next task might be... how difficult it is... and if i might achieve it...
There's nothing but fear when I'm with him...

"YOU WANT TO BE LIKE THEM SEBASTIAN?? YOU DARE TO OPPOSE THE ONE WHO BRINGS FOOD TO THE TABLE!??! BE NOTHING BUT A LOW LIVED BASTARD!?"

Through my words, i stumbled..
"N-no.. father i..."
His screams pierced through my ears..
Without a warning, he slapped my arm again..

*SLAP*

Lydia had really done it...
Not that i was surprised honestly, she tells father everything...
But what she got this time was wrong, and i was being punished for it..
For the first time in almost a couple of years... I've actually started to dislike someone more than father..
I just couldn't believe it was my own sister...
Don't get me wrong! I didn't want anything bad to happen to her...
But at that exact moment.. my heart boiled with rage thinking nothing else about how i was innocent, and she was the reason i was in this mess...

I hated her...

But how...?
She was family...

I just hope next time, something really horrible happens to her...

And that's how we ended here...

That's why today out of all days...

It hurts the most....

I hate you Lydia.. i hope you're happy...

— sebastian