(55)

mentions of violence and abuse maybe be mentioned in this chapter, thank you and enjoy the chapter :))

To say the least, I terribly grateful that today was uneventful. No one spoke to me, which for a change was actually pleasant. No one questioning or demanding of me. No one of the name Wilbur soot bossing me around like I was his lifeless solider. 

It was already 10 minutes to midnight. The time had flown aimlessly past, in a good way though. I was currently adjusting my f/c shirt that I had put on moments ago. Styx intertwines between my legs as I'm looking at myself in the reflection of the moonlit window. Eh, I'm fine I guess. Not like it's a too fancy of a meet up. Just meeting up with a boy. That's how it starts doesn't it? Oh boy-

^Time skip because I'm slightly lazy and I know you guys don't want to read that much description^ 

I'm the first one to arrive. I plonk down, the closed flowers crunch as I sit down. I sigh but my eyes widen when I hear a meowing coming towards me in the dark beyond the trees. His meow bounced off the trees surrounding us. Styx followed me. I mentally groan as his feet begin to crunch the flowers in his path. As he reaches me, he licks my hand and stares at me. I can't stay mad at him. I sit up and wrap my bare arms around his soft pelt. A tiny mew escaped his muzzle as I sat him down in my lap. I was too focused on him to notice Dream reaching the end of the evergreen forest.

"I see you brought a friend" I shoot my head up to be met with dreams smile mask. I gaze down at what he wore. His clothes included of a dark green hood with black strings and dark jeans.  It was hard to tell what colour they were since it was pitch black outside. The moonlight was our only light source. I zone back in, and nod twice. I hear a chuckle from underneath his mask which made me smile briefly. 

" I see you brought your pal as well" I say simply. As I spoke he came and sat next to me. 

"Who might that be" he replied cooly. I smirk before I reply.

"Loneliness" I hear a small wheeze escape his lips. 

"Your just as lonely as I am and you know it" he turned to look at me, through the mask. 

" I have my cat" I say, stroking his head. 

"You still haven't formally introduced to your accomplice" he nodded her head forward to Styx.

"Oh right, uhh well. This is Styx, my cat I rescued" I say, continuing to stroke along his spine.

"May I?" He holds his hand near Styx's torso. I simply nod, is no more words needed to be exchanged. He takes the invitation and begins to pet along the side of his pelt. He didn't react horribly, if anything he seem to be enjoying himself and all the attention he was getting. I hear him hum quietly to himself as he stroked along his left side. To my surprise, He leapt off my lap and stood in between us. Sitting himself down, he began to Purr loudly. Dream looked up at me. We lock eyes momentarily, before going back and showering The cat in front of us with attention. This went on for 15 minutes or maybe even longer as we got lost in our own thought as Styx was living his highlife. 

"He's adorable." I hear Dream whisper. "Did you know I got a cart recently?, looks fairly similar to your cat"

"Really?!" I whisper yell. He nods and proceeds to tell me more. I engage in with his conversation as he speaks about his cat new fondly. Her name was patches and seem to act a lot like my own cat. 

"I'll have to bring her down one day, so you know- you and Styx can both see her for the first time" he smiled from underneath his mask. My face lights up and I begin to ramble about how much I wanted to meet his cat which then strangely turned into a conversation about his and my former friends back at his base or home. 

We talked for hours, and I mean hours. I really forgot this feeling. Did L'manburg really dry up my sense of enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong, The first six months here were breathtaking. I had fun here, I engaged with new experiences. I was taught things that I never thought I would learn. But- 

If I left I would be leaving behind life friends in the two boys. That's right, I didn't say three. Wilbur doesn't deserve any of my compassion. If anything, my story has flipped. The manipulation of thinking Dream was out to hurt me all the time into loving Wilbur. 

Are relationships really only like present. Once you open them and see him for the first time, you usually decide if it's useful or not or if you like the present or not. If you do, The happiness is momentarily. 

It never lasts forever...

Huh- writing more chapters the normal let's go. Also I would like to say thank you for 2k likes and 70K VIEWS. THATS CRAZY!!!!!!! Also sorry it's a shorter chapter than normal.

-Words 91

-Rex