(54)

Average blood, abuse, swearing and violence mentions because just in case I forget :)) 

"You we're just part of a plan that was destined to fail." 

This thought has stuck with me all night. I can't shake it no matter what. It's 2:12am in the morning and I'm sitting on the edge of my cabin's only window sills. Lucky for me, Styx had followed me since I entered the cabin fuming. She's more of a companion than Wilbur ever was to me. Too much energy to even think of him.

I was now stroking her splotchy tabby fur along her spine in short but comforting pets. She seemed to be lapping up the attention as she purred faintly in response. I sigh and continue to pet her. 

You know, if Dream was set free I wouldn't be arguing with Will- I wouldn't be in a sense of denial and self guilt. And maybe he wouldn't be drinking. The man's unpredictable and unreadable now. It's practically impossible to assume what he'll do next at this point. I shiver at the thought and push it purposely to the back of my mind. Out of mind, out of harms way I guess.

That's probably my smartest idea I've had all night, right beside not trying to catch a wink of sleep. I mean if I freed him, no one would know it was me. I could just cover it up and say he must have escaped since he's a self proclaimed "skilled manipulator". I was beginning to rethink my whole new interpretation on him. Was he really that bad. Have I really over-thank it that much? Was he really a bad guy? I mean I get he was mad when I was "stolen away from him". He was enraged when I told him I wanted to stay put. He didn't hurt me when I went to attack him. Even Sapnap wasn't happy with me and I'm not daring myself to think how George reacted to dreams side of the story when I didn't return back with him. I am beginning to see how he felt. Why was I so intransigent? Why couldn't I see his side of the story. You know what, he isn't a bad guy.

He just wanted to protect me from the dangers of the world. To him the dangers of l'manburg that threatened his survival of the Smp were enough to scare him. I let that thought sink in

I am snapped out of my thoughts to see Styx sliding her face against my thigh. I gaze down and smile. She noticed me staring at her and slowly padded strangely to the door. Tilting my head, I stand up. I dust my clothes that hung on my frame and slowly approached the door. Do I really need to help him escape? I turn around and huff. I don't. He was in a secluded place. He was banned from visitors and guests but technically this isn't a casual day visit you get in a working prison. This was a jail break. I roll my shoulders and spin around in slow motion. A small mew echoed around the small cabin I was given so long ago. Styx was sat on the wooden planked floor, tail ever so neatly curled around her snow shoe like paws. Her green eyes filled with desperation and love. Man I love this cat so much. I smile and go to pick her up. Wrapping my arms around her small body, I snuggle into her fur. 

After a brief cuddling session with my favourite feline, I watch her jump off my shoulder onto my wooden dresser. Even Styx is telling me to go. Even my cat

Grabbing my coat and shoes I leave the cabin. Shutting the door behind me, I begin walking through light snow down to Dream's temporary quarters. Before twisting the handle I inhale sharply. Here goes nothing. Lucky for me, I knew the key was placed in the small pot plant beside the door. I turn to the plant and dig in the centre of the plant for the small silver key. After a few heart beats, my hand eventually found the key hidden under a small green leaf of the large succulent in the pot. I gaze at the key, twisting it among two finger tips as I go to push it into the key hole in the direct centre of the door handle.  Twisting the key, I unlatch the door and open it slowly. I enter the lightless room and waited for the click of the door shutting behind me