Chapter 31: Kaden

Start from the beginning

Over top of the dress, she is wearing a gold chest plate and a matching sheathe hangs from her belt. In it sits a gorgeous dagger. It has a gem in its base that looks like a ruby but isn't. It must be some sort of gem from Asgard. Her hair is elegantly pulled up to keep it out of her face. She finishes of the look with a pair of military style black boots.

"Ready to go?" She asks.

"Yeah!" I say. "Is that you battle armour?"

"It's my special armour." She explains "Asguardians usually dress up in their best armour for when they go for their biggest battles. It is a way to intimidate the enemy. Also it is deceptive. It is actually more protective than it looks and i have a ton of weapons hidden under it."

"Ooh! Fun!" I say. "Is there any secrets in mine?"

"Yeah! If you tap your left wrist then it brings your suit to you and it assembles on you. If you tap your right wrist it activates a transporter seed that is set in it. Just tap and picture the location you want to go to. But be careful because you only have 5 seeds. So only use them in case of emergency." She explains.

"Got it. Left wrist, suit. Right wrist, transport. And only use the right wrist in case of emergency." I repeat. "Ready to head back to earth? I bet the guys are worrying about where we are."

"Yeah... We were supposed to be back over an hour ago..." Olivia says slowly. "Meredith, the head healer, should be finished telling the others off by now. It's probably safe for us to head home now."

Olivia grabs a few more weapons and some personal items. Then, we head out towards the bifrost. Our trip back from the palace is much faster than our trip to it, since now we don't have people pestering us with questions every two seconds.

Once we arrive at the bifrost, Hiemdell does not say a word. H simply more his sword into position in the centre of the globe shaped room and turns it.

Olivia and i are magically transported back to earth. Surprisingly i don't feel as sick after this trip. We catch our breath and look around at our surroundings.

We are back in the valley that we were in before. The grass is still long and the flowers grow freely with the butterflies and things like that. The only difference is that now, there is a large circle around where we are standing. the grass around us was incinerated from the blast of the bifrost. He ground inside the circle is filled with strange asguardian markings that must symbolize that the bifrost has been opened in that location.

We step out of the circle and make our way back to the truck. I hop into the drivers seat and Olivia climbs into the passenger seat right beside me.

We drive in silence for a for a couple hours. Once we are only a couple minutes away from the base when Olivia leans over and turns on the radio. Instantly music starts blaring through the speakers of the truck.

I immediately recognize the song that comes on. It is 'Blank Space' by Taylor Swift. Olivia and i turn to each other and start shouting out the lyrics to the song. We are just pulling up to the base as the best part comes on. We both put all of our hearts into it as we sing.

"Screaming! Crying! Perfect storms! Keep you second guessing like 'oh my god! Who is she?' I get drunk on jealousy! But you'll come back, each time you leave!" We sing together. We look over to each other as we stop the car and sing the next line: "Darling im a nightmare, dressed like a daydream!"

We squeal and continue singing the chorus. Olivia suddenly stops singing and taps my shoulder to tell me to stop too. I turn to look at what she is staring at.

I see Patrick and Tye staring at us in confusion. They must think we are insane... i mean, the way we were singing the song we sure looked it. We hop out of the car and run over to them.

"Really? We're here preparing for our big battle tomorrow and you two are sitting in the truck singing like little kids?" Tye asks.

"Yeah... So?" I say. I give him a tight hug and he winces at the touch. I look up at him and see that his face is covered in cuts and bruises.

My focus rushes over to Patrick. He is unharmed. What the hell did he do to Tye?

"What the hell happened to you?" I demand from Tye.

"Oh... You mean this..." Tye asks, motioning to his face. "Me and patrick got in a little tiny fight... Long story short he would have won..." Tye says. His voice trails of quietly as he says the next part of his sentence. "If Loki hasn't have shown up and stopped us first... But that doesn't matter right now. What matters is that we get ready for the battle tomorrow."

"Excuse me?!" You and Patrick got in a fight! Then Loki was here! Are you okay? What did Loki do?" I ask, beginning to panic.

"We're okay. Don't worry about it." Patrick says, putting his arm around Olivia's waist. "My dad just popped by to tell me that he watched Star Wars... And to ask me to join him... I said no! Don't worry!"

"Well what were you and Tye fighting about?" Olivia asks him.

"Nothing really. It was no big deal..." Patrick says.

"No, it IS a big deal. What was it about?" She asks again.

"Umm... Tye wouldn't take his foot out of my door so we agreed to fight over it..." Patrick says. He winces at the end as if he knows that he was in the wrong and expects to be slapped for it. I decide to do the honours.

I slap him across the face. "Why the hell would you two be stupid enough to do that?" I demand.

"Because you two weren't around to mediate us..." Tye says wincing away from me, expecting me to slap him too. Instead, Olivia does the honours this time. She slaps tye hard across the face.

"Next time, deal with your own damn problems! Me and sammi wont always be here to settle your petty arguments." She says sternly.

"Okay! Okay! Just stop hitting us!" Patrick says.

"Fine..." Olivia laughs. He kisses her cheek as we walk back into the base.

Now we have to prepare to fight a much bigger fight than Tye and Patrick had today. Tomorrow we will be fighting against the most feared person in the universe, to try and save the planet earth from certain death by the frost giants. But most of all, Tomorrow is the day that we will avenge our fallen parents. We will avenge them and everything they stood for. Tomorrow, we will avenge the avengers.