Chapter Seven

Justin:

"Alex!" I shout as he falls into my embrace. I shake Alex, trying, but failing to get him to wake up. I pull him closer to me as I slide down to the ground, cradling Alex in my arms.

"HELP!" I yell repeatedly while rocking back and forth with Alex. I look down at Alex's beautiful face and brush back some of his blue hair.

Suddenly blood starts to stream down from his nose, causing tears to stream down my face. What is wrong with my mate?

"ZAC! MUM! DAD!" I scream, wiping away the blood from Alex's face. 

My parents and Zac come racing through my bedroom door, as I carefully cradle Alex's small, fragile body, to my chest.

"What happened?" They all ask at once.

Sniffling I answer "I don't know what's wrong with him."

My mother walks over towards me, careful to not step on Alex's legs. Touching my shoulder she speaks "Justin, we need to get Alex to the pack doctor. If we don't hurry this could get worse." 

Shortly after she finishes that thought, I am on my feet, being cautious of Alex. How could I not get him to the doctor? All I did was sit on the ground crying like a little bitch! 

I run out of my room, with my family right behind me, in to the medical centre we have set up for the pack. Everyone freezes when they see me with my mate, lying still in my arms. "I need Dr Peter now!" I shout to the nurse, who is staring at me like an idiot. Nodding her head she sets to paging the doctor.

What if it's something bad? What if Alex dies?! I can't live without him! I refuse to lose my mate! I just found him.

I'm broken from my thoughts by my mate's body shaking from him coughing. I look down and see blood covering my shirt, where my mate has coughed.

Whimpering softly Alex looks up at me with watery blue eyes. "Justin, what's wrong with me?" he questions in a soft voice.

I pull his head into the crook of my neck, murmuring softly into his ear "shh baby boy, everything if going to be ok. I promise."

Dr Peter comes running down the hall, looking at my shirt horrified. "What happened?"

"I don't know, one minute he was throwing up then the next he passed out in my arms. He just started coughing up blood! Tell me what is wrong with my mate Doc!" I yell in frustration. I pale after I realise the way I worded my demand, I hope Alex didn't realise my slip up.

"We need to run some tests first so we can figure out what is happening with Alex." The doctor replies calmly.

I nod slowly, pulling my shivering mate closer to my body heat. Alex whimpers softly, curling closer into my chest. The doctor leads us over to a room within the medical centre, a cosy room that feels more homey - curtsy to my demands. 

Shortly after my mate is taken away for some testing to be done. I really hope that nothing is wrong with my beloved mate, I would die if something was fatally wrong with Alex. If he dies, I die. 

+++++

Three hours. That's how long my mate has been missing from my arms. My wolf was pacing the back of my mind, he was agitated that his mate wasn't in his arms, or at least in our line of sight. I agree, my body is so tense if my ate doesn't come back soon, I might blow a gasket, or better yet shit a brick. So my mood isn't all that good.

My family try to console me, but I'm not hearing any of it. I'm sick and tired of them, they don't understand what me and my wolf are going through. 

When mum goes to open her mouth to 'provide advice' again it hits my last nerve and I snap. "Enough! I don't care what you all have to say! Just leave me alone to worry over my mate!" Everyone stares at me shocked at my outburst. They all silently stand and leave the room.

I huff in irritation "finally! Some piece and quiet."

The door opens and in comes my mate, being wheeled in my Dr Peter. I jump to my feet and sprint over towards my sleeping mate.

I watch the doctor carefully wheel my mate back into the correct position. "Doc, what is wrong?" I question the somber look on his face.

Turning to face me Dr Peter replies "The Luna is very sick Alpha." My heart stops at the words the doctor has just muttered. My mate is sick?

"How sick is Alex, Doc?" 

"He has cancer Alpha, your mate, my Luna, has Leukaemia." Just like that my whole world has started to crumble right before my eyes.

"What can we do Doc? There has to be something we can do! We have to save my mate, your Luna!" I beg.

"We can try chemotherapy, but he is already at stage two."

"Stage two? What do you mean stage two? What does that mean Doc?" He isn't making any sense! It's frustrating the hell out of me and my wolf!

"Stage two means that; there are too many  lymphocytes in the Luna's blood. His liver and spleen are larger than normal." As Dr Peter carries on explaining all this medical stuff, I just stare at my fragile mate. He seems so peaceful. Alex is drowning in the fabric of the hospital gown, it is way to big for someone of his size. I must remember to bring one of my shirts for him to wear, it will make his stay here more comfortable. That's all it is, just like staying at a hotel, he will be coming home with me, he will be my Luna.

"Alpha?!" the doctor shouts at me, effectively waking me from my day dreaming.

"What?"

"I was about to tell you the symptoms Luna will be experiencing."

"Very well, continuo."

"Luna will have frequent nose bleeds, unexpected weight loss, he will grow weak and fatigue easily, also night sweats, swelling in the abdomen, frequent infections, unexplained fevers and easy bruising." When Dr Peter has finally finished, what seems like a never ending list of symptoms my baby boy will be experiencing, I'm lost for words.

After dismissing the doctor, I silently walk over to my beautiful mate. Pulling back the covers, I gently pull the hospital gown off of Alex and replace it will my own, much softer shirt. After that I move Alex over so I can crawl in with my beautiful mate. I pull his cold sweating body into my chest, wiping away the sweat on his forehead with the hospital gown he was wearing before.

Alex whimpers softly in his sleep "shh, baby boy I've got you. Shh" his whimpers shortly after die down as he cuddles into my chest, seeking comfort.

"I promise to stay by your side through this whole ordeal. I promise that no matter how hard you try to get rid of me, I will always come back. Even when you get on my last nerve, I may leave the room to cool down, but I will always return to you, my beautiful Luna." I whisper into his ear as I drift off into sleep.

__________________________________________________________________

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!! I HAD TO! SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAP AS WELL I REALLY WANTED IT TO END THE WAY IT DID HEHE!

DON'T FORGET TO...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE