Danger in the night

A/N: Trigger warning for being held at knife-point and being helpless. No rape or sexual abuse of any kind. I don't like those so I stay far away from them.

Late at night, you're still awake and he's fast asleep, softly snoring, golden limbs splayed out over his part of the bed. You let out a sigh. Damn insomnia! Might as well get up, you know it's no use when you're like this. You make sure not to disturb him. He's been so tired lately, let him have his sleep. You pick up your phone from the bedside table, slip on a warm pair of socks and tiptoe downstairs.

You catch an episode on your favourite channel on the TV. It's so quiet in the apartment, you hear every single sound. So it's no wonder that you hear the crinkling sound of a window breaking in the next room. You hold your breath, praying that you heard wrong. A second crinkling sound, as if someone was stepping on broken glass confirms your fears. Someone broke in and you were only a few feet from them!

TRIGGER WARNING starts here!

You get up from the couch, trying to be as silent as humanly possible. You try to get up the stairs but the burglar manages to catch you before. You barely have the time to scream before he puts his hand on your mouth, silencing you. You see the light of the TV reflected on the knife's blade. He then puts it to your neck, warning you to be silent and to stop struggling. Your heart's in your throat, beating loudly in your ears. You're fucking terrified. He leads you back to the couch and starts tying you down with rope and silencing you with a gag. He then surveys out the living room with a satisfied smirk. 'Jackpot!' you hear him whisper. You spot Mark stepping down from the stairs, with a baseball bat. You stay silent and stop looking at him. You don't want to give his position away. You keep your eyes closed and try to calm your breathing. You marvel at how silent Mark is, you don't even hear him. Then all you hear is a violent thwack and the burglar crumples to the floor. He comes to untie you and he ties the burglar instead, so that, even if he wakes up, he can't move. He comes back to you.

"Are you OK, (y/n)?"

You nod, not trusting your voice. And then he just hugs you so hard and you feel his heart beating so fast. You don't even realize that you're crying until you are shaking so hard, your head hits his chin and you bite the inside of your cheeks. The coppery flavour inside your mouth grounds you. Your sobs are slowly calming down.

"Thank God you were there. I don't know what could have happened if you hadn't been."

He just hugs you harder, shaking. He pushes his nose into your neck, just inhaling your scent. Your hear him mumble against your skin.

"Oh my god, I was so scared! What if I hadn't heard you? What if he had...?" He chokes back a sob.

"I'm ok, babe, I'm ok. You got him before he could do anything other than scaring the crap out of me." You turn in his arms so you're facing him and you hug him back.

Suddenly, you both hear a groan coming from the burglar. You slowly let go of your boyfriend, your eyes never leaving the intruder. You take your phone and dial 9-1-1. You describe the situation to the operator. She asks if someone is hurt and you mention that the burglar got hit but is conscious now and stable. She says that she's sending the police and an ambulance in about 15 to 20 minutes since the situation is under control. You hang up and sigh.

"15 to 20 minutes."

"Better than I expected."

He stays standing over the burglar, staring at him, his expression unreadable, to the untrained eye. You've known him for years and you can read him like an open book. You knew that he barely contained his violence and that it wouldn't take much to make him lose control.

You get up slowly and you go sit on a chair right beside him. You nuzzle his hand gently just to remind him that everything's alright. You look up to his deep brown eyes and you see that he's less tense, less prone to violent urges. You smile up at him and you gentle press a kiss to his hand. He cups your cheek tenderly and you lean into his comforting touch.

You leap up in fright when you hear a knock on the door and a stern voice shouting "police!" through your apartment door. You go open the door so they can enter. They take the burglar into custody then take both your statements about the incident. They are quick and efficient about everything so, inside an hour, they're gone.

TRIGGER WARNING ends here.

The minute you close the door behind them, strong arms encircle you from behind, freezing you in terror. You force yourself to calm down, it's only Mark, not the burglar. He senses your tension and lets go immediately.

"Dammit, I'm such a fucking idiot!" He starts muttering, beating himself up over it, his head bowed low.

"No, it's ok. I can't live in constant fear, I have to get through it." You go up to him and take his face between your hands

"Look at me." You ask him softly. He reluctantly meets your (e/c) eyes.

"I love you. You didn't know that he grabbed me from behind like this. It's ok."

With his head bowed, you're just at the right height to kiss him, so you do. You coax him slowly, your tongue gently seeking his. He gives in, tenderly and lovingly staking his claim on your mouth. His hands come tangling themselves in your (h/c) hair, one hand cupping the nape of your neck, the other caressing the back of your head. You melt in his embrace, your hands linking behind his neck. You deepen the kiss as your hands lose themselves in his floof of raven hair. He moans in your mouth, sending a tendril of heat through your core. He breaks the kiss and starts peppering tender kisses along your jaw and neck, leaving electricity dancing along your skin. He gently pushes you against the door behind you, taking your hands, lacing your fingers together and lifting your hands above your head, pinning them there as he ravages your mouth. A rush of heat blooms in your core, making you moan his name. Suddenly, his hands are touching everywhere or so it seems to you in your light-headed state.

He then tenderly lifts you in his arms, bridal style. He transports you to the bedroom and gently lays you down on the bed. He slowly divests himself from his sleeping clothes (boxers and a t-shirt), revealing his erect length. He shimmies up the bed, a feline grace in his movements, leaving your mouth dry as you stare, transfixed, at his sexiness. The smirk on his face awakens your hunger and you lunge for him, taking him by surprise and flipping him on the bed so he's pinned beneath you.

"My turn." You say determinedly. You catch his eyes and the lust there undoes you. You kiss him fiercely and he groans into your mouth. His hands find your nipples and start playing with them. You bite his lower lip, just enough to leave a mark, but not enough to break the skin. You then start peppering kisses and nips down his chest, leaving him a panting mess. You send him a mischievous glance and continue on his hips and down his thighs, avoiding his aching need. He whines desperately and starts begging.

"Please... (Y/N)... I need... Aah..." His eyes roll back in his head as you engulf his length inside your mouth. You continue swirling your tongue around him as you suck and he tells you that if you continue, it won't be very long.

You let go of him and go up to ravage his mouth. His hand slips between your legs and teases your clit, tingles going up your spine, leaving you light-headed. He flips you over and starts worshipping your body, hitting all the right spots. He starts swirling his tongue around your clit, pumping his fingers in your core, angling his fingers to relentlessly caress the spot inside you that makes you see stars.

As you begin to approach the fireworks, he stops and licks his fingers, the heat smoldering in his chocolate eyes as you look, dazed, at him. He lifts your legs to be able to hit a better angle and he enters you with a contented groan. It doesn't take long for him to find the pace that sends you both flying over the edge. He falls beside you and his strong arms are around you protectively and you fall asleep, exhausted and finally feeling safe.