Worried 2

A/N: This chapter was written as Mark was still in the hospital. My inspiration came from the last chapter when Mark says he would flip out too if the situation were reverse. So here we are.

You had gotten up feeling crappy but you decided to go to work anyway. You had felt dizzy all day and ate nothing, you had no appetite.

A little after lunch, your boss entered your office, took one good look at your paper-white face and told you to go back home. He even called you a cab and paid for it. He didn't want you driving in the state you were in. You almost fell asleep in the cab, the driver had to tell you you had arrived home. You got out of the car with difficulty, your feet barely leaving the ground. Arriving at the elevator, you thanked God that you didn't have to take the stairs. You unlocked your door and locked it again behind you.

"(Y/N)? Why aren't you at work? Is everything alright?" A sensual voice laced with worry asked from behind you. You turned to greet your raven-haired boyfriend and your dizziness came back full force. Your legs turn to jelly under you and he barely has the time to catch you before you hit the floor. The last thing you hear before darkness engulfs you is your boyfriend's panicked voice calling your name.

* * *

You wake up to the sound of a beeping monitor and muffled steps. You feel a familiar silkiness just beneath your fingers. Instinctively, your fingers begin to card through the silky locks, waking their owner.

"(Y/N)? Come on, babe, open those beautiful (e/c) eyes for me!" You hear the smooth baritone of your love's voice coaxing you out of the darkness. Your eyes open slowly and you wince at the brightness of the lights around you.

His worried face comes into focus.

"Hey." You whisper with a raspy voice.

"Hey." A tear makes its way down his cheek. "You know you really scared me today?"

"Worst jumpscare ever, right?" He lets out a small watery chuckle.

"Don't even joke about that, please."

"Oki. So, what happened? All I remember is getting off the elevator."

"I heard you open the door and lock it behind you. I asked you what you were doing home so early and you just collapsed. I barely had the time to catch you before you fell. You scared the shit out of me, babe. I called for an ambulance and here we are. They did a few test but they think it may be a one-time thing, like low blood pressure."

"Ok, sorry to have scared you, Markimoo."

"Well, at least, we're even now, let's just be really healthy from now on, ok?"

"I'll try to, but I can't make any promises."

"I'll hold you to that." He says with a chuckle. You yawn quite loudly. "It's ok, sleep now, you're safe."

"Love you." You barely have the time to hear him say 'I love you too.' before you're out like a light, a small smile on your face.