EPILOGUE - LASTING AFFECTION 2/2

Mulai dari awal

Everything seemed to become still in just a few moments. Yan Hui felt like she was standing in the center of the world. She watched Tian Yao slowly and steadily approach her step by step.

There was nothing else that couldn't stop them from meeting again.

Tian Yao reached out and clasp her face. It was like time reversed back 15 years. He finally managed to pull her out of the abyss.

He tightly hugged her close, and one hand wrapped around her neck. Tian Yao gazed down at Yan Hui. He hugged her like his love had never gone away and kissed her.

It seemed liked there were lights revolving around them. This wasn't a reunion after 15 years. This was more like back then at Qing Qiu when Yan Hui was staying in that small room and teasing him. Or perhaps it was when Tian Yao mistakenly thought Su Ying had killed her and rushed back to Qing Qiu, only to see Yan Hui right in front of him. Or maybe it was even more like that full moon night on Tong Luo Mountain when he unconsciously bit Yan Hui's lips.

15 years was already hard enough to bear. However the instant Tian Yao saw Yan Hui again, he realized that the time spent waiting was nothing more than a mere blink of an eye. It counted for nothing.

He lived those 15 years to wait for their reunion. The flow of time for him only started when he saw her again.

"Tian Yao," said Yan Hui. "I returned to find you." Her lips pressed against his. "I kept my promise."

It was true. She had never broken her promises to him.

Tian Yao hugged Yan Hui tightly like he wanted to press her into him. However, even at the peak of feeling like his love for Yan Hui was bursting out of him, Tian Yao still worried that he would hurt Yan Hui. He loosened his hold a little but also didn't dare loosen too much. Tian Yao hugged her tight but also didn't dare hug too tightly.

Yan Hui could tell that Tian Yao's battling thoughts were going to spoil the mood.

She slightly pushed him away but then immediately looked straight into his conflicted eyes. Numerous emotions battled it out within. They were like an abyss that was pulling her in.

"Tian Yao," she rationally said. "Say something, so I can hear you."

Tian Yao pressed his lips tight against each other.

Yan Hui poked at his lips: "Did you live too high and mighty these few years? Now you only know how to look at people and not how to speak to them?"

Tian Yao just pulled Yan Hui back into his arms: "In these moments, being silent is good enough."

Silently listening to his heartbeat. This way he could also hear his own heartbeat which is good enough.

They didn't know how long they silentlyy stood there like that. Suddenly a pressure quietly appeared and slowly peeled away Tian Yao's surrounding aura. Only then did Tian Yao look up and see the Qing Qiu King walk over.

Tian Yao slightly narrowed his eyes in annoyance.

But it did make sense. The moment Tian Yao arrived, he attacked the Red Wolves Clan and didn't even hold back his power. It was like he was trying to exterminate an entire clan. As the current Qing Qiu King ruling in a time of peace between the xian and demons, he naturally had to see what was going on.

Tian Yao also understood that, but he still had an ugly expression. Magic coursed down to his hand and formed a fiery ball in his palm. He waved his hand, sending the ball down onto the ground. It was about three inches wide. "The Red Wolves Clan helped me find my wife."

Yan Hui was a little shocked by that address. She looked up at Tian Yao and saw his expression was the same as ever. He continued to respectfully talk to the king: "Although they were greedy, they still made the effort. Deal with them as you see fit."