•❥𝟭𝟬៚𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝗟𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲

You ran along what used to be a smooth road, but was now covered in rubble.

Nearly everywhere you looked was empty, for the majority of the people had taken shelter underground.

Of course, there were a few people that decided not to buy time, for it was no use - no one was going to survive anyway.

Most of those couples were elderly couples, holding onto each other as they waited for the end.

It was a heartbreaking sight, making you tear up further as you ran.

You looked up at the sky, and you could see that the clouds were now shifting hues consistently, switching from purple to pink every few seconds.

There were fire trails in the sky as asteroids fell through the atmosphere, heading toward the ground.

You were scared, panting as you moved along - but you held yourself together, focusing on the one place you intended to be before it all ended.

"Please, please," you whispered to yourself as you ran as fast as you could, praying that you'd get to him before it got worse.

But with every step you took, you could see the sky lighting up with all sorts of outer-space objects, heading straight toward the ground.

You could have sworn you could see Jupiter up close, in the sky, but that could have just been your imagination.

Noticing that the sky was growing more chaotic, and feeling the ground rumble as asteroids collided with the ground large distances away, you sped up your pace, determined to get to Michael.

Momentarily, you stopped when you came across the ruins of a fallen building, blocking your path, but you ran ahead, climbing over the rough edges before you jumped down onto the other side.

Then, you saw the building - and you saw the rooftop.

You squinted as you looked up, vaguely making out a figure standing there.

Without a doubt, it was Michael.

You sped up even further, dashing toward the entrance of the building.

Everything inside was destroyed, the shattered pieces of what had once been a beautiful flat. There were ashes everywhere, making you cough a little.

But you kept running.

The building had been an old apartment complex, but now that it had been partially destroyed, it looked a lot less like a structured apartment building.

It felt as though you were running through each floor of a multiple-story house as you ascended the staircase, for the walls and pillars had either been blown away or destroyed by raging fires.

With each floor you passed, you saw the remains of what had once housed happy lives.

And now it was all coming to an end.

"Michael!" you called out as you ran up. "Michael!"

Within a few seconds, you'd heard him call your name right back, rushing down to meet you.

There were no words to describe how you felt when he met you in the middle of the second last stairwell. He was teary eyed, and so were you.

The both of you looked like you'd been through hell and back, just to find each other again.

"(Y/N)," he let out a breath, extending his hand.

You took it, letting him pull you against him as he embraced you. He held you close, cradling you as he breathed out sighs of relief.