•❥𝟲៚𝗘𝘅𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝘀

A soft groan escaped your lips as you opened your eyes, seeing that a pinkish light could be seen from the opening of the shack. You frowned, first thinking that you were dreaming.

But as you roused from your sleepy state, eventually straightening up, you realized that it was morning - except that the morning sky was...pink.

It wasn't too different from the morning before, but for some reason, it was more...bright. It looked far too beautiful to be something of no massive effect.

Completely enchanted by the light, you got to your feet, lightly stumbling toward the entrance of the shack. You gasped when you looked up at the pink sky, for you had never seen something so rare and so beautiful.

Sure, it could have been dangerous, but it was stunning.

For a moment, it felt as if the night before had never happened - that the argument had never happened.

"Michael," you spoke as you gazed up at the sky. "Michael!" you raised your voice, turning to look at him when you saw that he was still sleeping.

His eyes shot open and he straightened up, looking around for a few seconds before he focused on you.

"Come and see this," you beckoned for him to approach you.

He got to his feet before rushing over to you. Once he was behind you, he looked up at the sky, a gasp escaping his lips at the beautiful sight.

"Wow," he breathed.

It truly was marvelous.

A few other people that had taken shelter, under whatever they could find, had also come out to marvel at the beautiful sky.

The hail had long stopped, and now that temperatures were rising again, the ice had melted, leaving the roads wet.

"What is happening?" you whispered in awe.

It barely felt like your home planet anymore.

After a few moments, you and Michael looked at each other, and you both remembered what had happened the night before.

The tension rose once more, but this time neither of you felt like exchanging words again.

He shoved his hands into the pockets of his pants and diverted his gaze.

"I'll drive you back to the hotel," he spoke quietly.

You straightened up, about to insist that it was alright.

"Janet brought you to the bar, last night, I know that you don't have a ride back," he sighed. "And I'm not letting you find your way back on your own, especially not under conditions like these," he gestured openly to the anomalies that seemed to occur relentlessly.

"Michael...." you trailed off. "You don't have to-"

"I want to," he replied, still not looking at you. "If you're going to end our relationship, then at least let me take you back to your place of residence, one last time,"

You bit your lip, feeling like you wanted to cry. Part of you wanted to say that you didn't mean what you'd said the night before, but another part of you knew that there was some truth to your words.

And he knew it too, even though you both loved each other.

"A-Alright," you managed.

Saying nothing more, he extended his hand for you to take.

Your eyes lingered on him for a moment longer before you took his hand.

· ❥•• ───🩰─── ••❥ ·